[AISWorld] CALL FOR BIDS to Chair AMCIS 2018 by March 7, 2014

Carte, Traci A. tcarte at ou.edu
Sun Feb 9 14:01:03 EST 2014

AMCIS (the Americas Conference on Information Systems) is an annual conference facilitated by the Association for Information Systems (AIS) and typically held in early August.  The Site Advisory Committee (SAC) of the AMCIS Executive Committee solicits preliminary bids from individuals or teams interested in chairing the AMCIS 2018 conference.  You are invited to submit your expressions of interest by completing the bid form at http://start.aisnet.org/?AMCISIntenttoBid

Because most of the conference arrangements are now handled by the AIS Office, we believe it is no longer necessary for conference chairs to reside in the proposed conference location. It is more important that conference chairs be interested in organizing and leading a team of creative individuals dedicated to designing a great conference experience.

The AMCIS Executive Committee has a rotation schedule for locating future conferences, but we deviated from this rotation schedule last year.  As a result, this year we are investigating cities east of the Continental Divide. Cities that we consider particularly attractive for AMCIS 2018 include Denver, CO; Indianapolis, IN; San Antonio, TX; Austin, TX; New Orleans, LA; Orlando, FL; Toronto, ON; and Montreal, QC. All of these are desirable cities to visit (even in August), offer reasonably easy access for participants, have suitable conference facilities for AMCIS, and offer reasonable prices for the conference and the attendee.  We are hopeful that individuals or teams will volunteer to chair AMCIS in one or more of those locations.  At the same time, per the AMCIS bid procedures, bids may be submitted for ANY conference location in the Americas Region.

Site Selection Procedures for AMCIS can be found on the AIS website at http://start.aisnet.org/?AMCISSiteSelection#Top%20Page

If you are interested in chairing AMCIS in 2018, we ask that you first complete the AIS Notice of Intent to Bid (NIB) form found at http://start.aisnet.org/?AMCISIntenttoBid no later than March 7, 2014. Completion of this form will notify us of your interest in chairing the conference. Once the form is received, you will be contacted by Lise Fitzpatrick, AIS Conference Director, who will answer any questions you have about preparing your bid and next steps in the process. PLEASE NOTE: You DO NOT NEED to contact any hotel/venue or convention/visitors bureaus about your interest in bidding. Lise Fitzpatrick will handle initial communication with these contacts.

If you have any questions about chairing an AMCIS conference, please do not hesitate to contact me at  cbeath at mail.utexas.edu<http://mail.utexas.edu>

Cynthia Beath
VP Meetings and Conferences and Chair of the Site Advisory Committee for AMCIS 2018
Professor Emerita, University of Texas at Austin

Traci Carte
Associate Professor of MIS
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK 73019