[AISWorld] PACIS 2014 Conference Track on IS/IT in Healthcare (eHealth) Revised Submission Date

Doug Vogel isdoug at cityu.edu.hk
Fri Feb 14 00:08:00 EST 2014

Note submission date now revised to 3 March 2014!!

PACIS 2014 -- Chengdu, China, June 24-28, 2014 Conference Track on
> IS/IT in Healthcare (eHealth)
>
> Today’s healthcare industry globally is facing numerous challenges
> pertaining to financial, demographic and technology issues surrounding
>
> distribution, access, and delivery of healthcare services. Achieving
> excellence in healthcare which lies in the provision of superior
> access, quality and value has become the priority on the agenda for
> any healthcare reform initiative. Such reform and the promise of
> superior healthcare delivery can only be realised through the prudent
>
> design, development and implementation of various IS/IT initiatives.
> Hence, the impact on the healthcare sector of IS/IT initiatives,
> primarily in the form of eHealth, electronic medical records and
> healthcare portals is not only significant but also far reaching.
>
> Recognizing the importance of IS/IT to healthcare in the spirit of
> ubiquitous and collaborative innovation, this research track is
> dedicated to IS/IT in Healthcare (eHealth). We invite submission (by
> 3 March 2014 at http://pacis2014.org/initial.php) of high quality
>
> completed research or research in progress papers that address any
> aspects of research in regard to IS/IT in healthcare including but not
>
> limited to e-health initiatives, electronic medical records,
> e-pharmacy, eHealth card initiatives in various countries as well as
> wireless initiatives. Possible topics include (but are not limited
> to):
>  • Internet and networked solutions for superior healthcare delivery
>  • Technology use to better manage healthcare
>  data/information/knowledge
>  • Wired and/or wireless healthcare initiatives
>  • Wellness and citizen-centric healthcare
>  • The management of information and knowledge in integrated
> healthcare
>  systems
>  • Integrative Chinese and Western approaches to healthcare
>  • Big data and analytics in healthcare
>  • Designing healthcare organizations, systems and processes to
>  incorporate eHealth solutions
>  • Electronic medical records
>  • Radiology information systems (RIS)
>  • Health data base management systems
>  • eHealth card
>  • eHealth and emergency and disaster relief
>  • eHealth Policy
>  • Privacy, security and trust issues with eHealth solutions
>
> Track Co-Chairs:
> Doug Vogel, Harbin Institute of Technology, P.R.C. (email: Vogel.doug at gmail.com)
> Xitong Guo, Harbin Institute of Technology, P.R.C. (email: xitongguo at gmail.com)
> Nilmini Wickramasinghe,  RMIT University, Australia (email: nilmini.wickramasinghe at rmit.edu.au)

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.