[AISWorld] CfP - BITWorld 2014 - May 21-23, LAS VEGAS, USA

S.Samonas at lse.ac.uk S.Samonas at lse.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 06:33:19 EST 2014

CALL FOR PAPERS

* BITWorld 2014 *

*** 16th International Conference on Business Information Technology ***

May 21-23, 2014, LAS VEGAS, USA

http://bit-world.us<http://bit-world.us/<http://bit-world.us%3chttp:/bit-world.us/>

Background

The year was 1997 and a bunch of colleagues had gotten together in the CSA Bar at Cranfield University, UK. The game of darts was in full swing. An idea popped - how interesting would it be to organize a Business Information Technology conference at a location where traditionally such conferences never venture to be. Very quickly New Delhi as a location was suggested. An email was sent to Professor Gordon Davis at the University of Minnesota to be the inaugural keynote speaker. And without much ado, we had an event at our hands. Professor Rekha Jain of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad became the local organizing chair.

In years to come the conference grew from strength to strength and events were organized in South Africa, Egypt, Ecuador, Mexico among other places. For the past few years though, BITWorld was co-hosted with CITED in Nigeria, CoDE in Thailand and China and CISTM in India. The next event is being decoupled from the co-hosts and will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada on the 21-23 May 2014. We look forward to carrying forward a rich tradition of BITWorld events in 2014 and beyond. BITWorld includes a full program of papers, presentations, keynotes and publishing events, and aspires to bring together academics, researchers and practitioners from all over the world to engage in dialogue and exchange ideas on the latest developments and challenges in Information Technology.

Scope and Aims

The conference aims to bring together researchers and practitioners interested in studying and discussing a range of leadership challenges as these might relate to their particular businesses and industry. Such dialogue will facilitate the development of agendas for further research and development. We invite you to consider submitting your research papers, workshop or tutorial proposals for consideration. Topics include, but are not limited to:

- Leading technical teams through organizational change

- Key issues in managing IT related change

- IT Leadership development theories and practices

- Developing and sustaining IT competencies

- Leadership profiles for successful IT projects

- Recruiting, training and retaining the right IT leadership

- Identifying future IT leaders

- Leadership challenges in aligning IT and business

- Gaining strategic advantages from IT

- Strategic planing for IT

- Governance practices in IT

- Managing the IT function

- Managing IT for business value

- The influence of politics and culture on IT decisions

Submission Details:

Participation can be in the following categories (but not limited to):

Industry Participants: If you have an interesting story to share we welcome your participation. We can guarantee an engaging participation from the floor, where you can discuss and talk freely about what you have been thinking. We just require a title of your presentation, a few lines describing your topic area and a brief biographical note (about a 100 words). If you agree, we will video record your presentation and make it available for a wider audience. If you rather not be recorded, we understand.

Academic Participants: We encourage you to submit an abstract, a full paper, a research note, or a case study. Submission details are available at: http://www.bit-world.us

Submission deadline: March 15, 2014

Notification of acceptance: April 6, 2014

Program Committee

Conference Chairs

Spyridon Samonas, PhD

London School of Economics and Political Science, UK

Rahul Singh, PhD

University of North Carolina Greensboro, USA

Program Chair

Helena Lindskog, PhD

Linkoping University, Sweden