[AISWorld] Plagiarism, Authorship, Dissertations

Robert Davison isrobert at cityu.edu.hk
Thu Feb 27 09:37:47 EST 2014

The AIS maintains and enforces policies on ethical behaviour that relate to AIS members. AIS publications (journals, conferences, webinars, etc.) are specifically covered, but the behaviour of AIS members is also subject to regulation. Details of these policies can be found on the AIS website here: http://aisnet.org/?CodeofResearch

In general I agree with Roger Clarke's analysis, though I feel that the amount of wiggle room is very slender indeed. I cannot imagine a situation where we would condone the practices described, or indeed where there would be much room for mitigation.

If AIS members were found to be undertaking these practices and this was drawn to the attention of the AIS Research Conduct Committee via the AIS President, then we would investigate and make recommendations as appropriate.

Robert Davison
Chair of the AIS Research Conduct Committee
isrobert at cityu.edu.hk

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.