[AISWorld] Assistant professor/Lecturer position - Columbia College

Li, Yuan yli at columbiasc.edu
Sun Mar 16 20:23:21 EDT 2014

The Division of Business, Mathematics and Science at Columbia College, South Carolina invites applications for a tenure-track position in Business and Computer and Information Science at the rank of Assistant Professor or a non-tenure track position at the rank of Lecturer in the same area, to begin August 2014. The rank depends on the qualification of the candidate.

We seek applicants who are committed to and have demonstrated excellence in undergraduate teaching, and have the capacity to teach in the Business program and in the Computer and Information Science program. Teaching load is four courses (12 hours) per semester. The Division of Business, Mathematics and Sciences offers bachelor’s degrees (B.S. and B. A.) in Computer and Information Science in the Evening College and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Business with concentrations in accounting or management in the Women’s college and the Evening College. This position will require the faculty member to teach courses in the evening each semester. The successful candidate is also expected to serve on college committees and to share responsibilities in curriculum development and in advising/mentoring students.

Columbia College, located in Columbia, South Carolina, is a small private liberal arts college for women, also offering coeducational evening and graduate programs.  The College is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, and has received national recognition for its honors program and for faculty development.  Our student population of 1400 is approximately 40 percent African-American, and as a community we are committed to the idea that this diversity enriches the educational experience for all of us.  Consequently, we seek to develop more diversity among our faculty, and encourage applicants who would like to be a part of this vibrant campus culture.  Columbia College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.  For information about the College, visit www.columbiasc.edu.  For information about the City of Columbia, South Carolina, visit www.columbiasc.net.
To apply, a candidate must submit the following materials: a cover letter, an up-to date curriculum vitae, a teaching statement that includes one’s teaching philosophy and experiences, a statement about one’s research and other scholarly endeavors, or one’s business experience, at least three letters of recommendation (one of which addresses teaching), and a copy of transcripts.  Unofficial copies of transcripts will suffice for the initial application stage. Applications should be mailed to Madeleine Schep, 1301 Columbia College Dr., Columbia SC 29203. Review of completed applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Further inquiries may be directed to Madeleine Schep, chair of the hiring committee, at mschep at columbiasc.edu or (803) 786-3714.