[AISWorld] Call for Editor-in-Chief for Electronic Commerce Research, Springer
Levine, Neil, Springer US
Neil.Levine at springer.com
Wed Apr 2 11:29:31 EDT 2014
Call for Editor-in-Chief
Electronic Commerce Research, Springer
Springer Science + Business Media is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Editor-in-Chief of Electronic Commerce Research. The journal serves as a catalyst for new research and a forum for disseminating the latest findings in all facets of electronic commerce. It is an international, fully indexed peer-reviewed publication whose broad scope encompasses core enabling technologies as well as the implications of these technologies for societies, economies, businesses, and individuals.
The ideal candidate for the Editor-in-Chief position will be active in the field of electronic commerce. Duties include working with the Editorial Board in acquiring and processing all submissions through the Editorial Manager(tm) peer review system. Essential qualifications include a record of significant scholarly achievement at an international level, including significant personal experience in writing scientific papers, publishing scientific works, and serving as an Editorial Board member for a scientific publication. Other essential qualifications include strong administrative and editorial skills; understanding of the international community of scholars and practitioners; and strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will receive compensation based upon experience.
The primary responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include the following:
* Provide strategy and leadership for the Editorial Board, Associate Editors, and Reviewers with the objective of continually raising the quality and quantity of submissions to the journal
* Manage the review and author communications for journal submissions, centered on maintaining research quality while increasing quantity of submissions
* Identify and target emerging consumer markets for Electronic Commerce Research and encourage academic research on current and relevant industry problems and reach out to potential new consumers for Electronic Commerce Research
* Encourage high quality submissions by solicitation of review articles, editorials, and commentaries to the journal.
* Work with Springer to identify topics for publication as special issues or supplements to the journal, especially with regard to emerging streams of research in electronic commerce, and reach new communities of authors and consumers for this research.
* Promote the journal's content and identifying new research trends, through international conferences, keynotes, and research projects.
* Direct and supervise an online peer review process that is efficient, attractive to reviewers, fast informative and equitable
* Nominate international Associate Editors and members of the Editorial Board, in consultation with Springer with the objective of continually improving the speed and quality of reviewing.
* Maintain regular communication with the Editorial Board, Associate Editors and Springer
* Work on Improving the overall impact and visibility of the journal
Interested candidates should submit a letter outlining their qualifications, providing their views on the current status of the journal, and outlining their recommendations for enhancing the operations, quality, and reputation of the journal. Please also include a full curriculum vitae. The journal website can be found here:
Applications and any inquiries should be sent electronically to the following address:
Editor, Operations Research and Management Information Systems
Springer Science + Business Media
Neil.Levine at Springer.com<mailto:Neil.Levine at Springer.com>
Applications must be received no later than April 30, 2014.
Operations Research & Management Science
Springer Science + Business Media
233 Spring Street New York, NY 10013
Ph. 212-460-1726 Fax 212-460-1576
neil.levine at springer.com<mailto:neil.levine at springer.com>
Follow @Springernomics<mailto:springernomics at twitter.com> on Twitter!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISWorld