[AISWorld] Call for Participation -- CUSO Summer School on BUSINESS INFORMATICS @ IEEE CBI 2014

Henderik A. Proper e.proper at acm.org
Thu May 1 13:09:19 EDT 2014

Call for Participation

CUSO Summer School on BUSINESS INFORMATICS @ IEEE CBI 2014

 Geneva, July 14, 2014

http://cbi2014.unige.ch

In the spirit of Nygaard's definition of informatics we consider Business
Informatics as a scientific discipline targeting information processes and
related phenomena in a socio-economical context including companies,
organizations, administrations, and society. Business Informatics is a
fertile ground for research with the potential of immense and tangible
impact. Or to put it in other words ñ Business Informatics is research that
matters!

The Summer School on Business Informatics aims at providing the participant
with lectures broadening the horizon towards selected domains identified as
cornerstone of the IEEE Conference on Business Informatics (CBI). Since it
is our vision to complement and extend the conference on Business
Informatics we plan to pick up the topics of the conference for lectures.

Speakers (in alphabetical order):
---------------------------------
Antonia Albani, HSG (Switzerland)
Eric Dubois, CRP Henri Tudor (Luxembourg)
Ulrich Frank, University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany)
Jan Mendling, Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria)
Alain Wegmann, EPFL (Switzerland)

Program: (09:00 - 18:30)
--------
Ulrich Frank "Toward a Reflected Use of Research Methods in Business
Informatics or: About Camels, Lions and other Animate Beings"
Eric Dubois "Service Science: A Service System Design Science Research
Method?"
Jan Mendling "Three Research Perspectives on Business Process Management"
Antonia Albani "Theoretical and Practical Pursuit of Enterprise Engeneering"
Alain Wegmann "System Thinging and Enterprise Engeneering"

For abstracts on the topics and details to the lecturer please visit our
website http://cbi2014.unige.ch/?page_id=813

Registration:
-------------
A limited number of seats is available on a ìfirst come, first serveî basis.
All participants please send an email to stephane.marchand-maillet at unige.ch,
with name and affiliations.
The school is organised in the frame of the CUSO doctoral program. Support
for Swiss PhD students is ensured, following CUSO regulations. Eligible
students need also to register on the dedicated site.

 Organisers:
Birgit Hofreiter, Vienna University of Technology (Austria)
Stephane Marchand-Maillet, University of Geneva (Switzerland)
Jaques Savoy, University of Neuchatel (Switzerland)

We are looking forward to seeing you at IEEE CBI 2014 -

On behalf of the organising commitee,
Birgit Hofreiter