[AISWorld] Recall of the JITM Volume 20, Number 4, article 4 due to plagiarism.

Dr. Al Bento abento at ubalt.edu
Tue Jun 3 19:20:36 EDT 2014

It was brought to our attention that the manuscript by  Rasool Esmaeily  and Reza Karimi Nezhad titled "DYNAMIC WORKFLOW
MANAGEMENT BASED ON POLICY-ENABLED AUTHORIZATION," published on Journal of Information Technology Management, Vol. XX No. 4, pp
57-68, 2009 might be a case of plagiarism. It was found after due diligence that the above article was almost identical in
content including the diagrams and the reference list to the article:

Jian Cao, Jinjun Chen, Haiyan Zhaoc, and Minglu Li, “A policy-based
authorization model for workflow-enabled dynamic process management,”  Journal of Network and Computer Applications
Vol. 32, pp 412-422, 2009.

-Accepted 20 February 2008.
-Copyright Elsevier.

Rasool Esmaeily  and Reza Karimi Nezhad submission to the JITM was after the acceptance of this paper.  In addition we also
found another article by the two authors with another person added that has the same content and diagrams submitted and
published in a later date:

RASOOL ESMAEILY FARD, ALAN KLEIN,  and REZA KARIMI NEZHAD, "Managing Workflow Processes through Access Control Policies,"
Journal of Computer Science, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp 1-11, 2011.

-Received November 06, 2009, Accepted May 07, 2010.

The JITM gave a reasonable time for the authors to reply to the above facts with no responses. Therefore the case of plagiarism
stands and the  article was removed from the JITM list of published articles and its online content from the JITM site and we
are making public this action and its rationale.

Al Bento, Ph.D
Editor-in-Chief of the JITM

---