[AISWorld] Help with Orientation Program for New Graduate Students

Jeet Gupta guptaj at uah.edu
Fri Jun 27 15:56:08 EDT 2014

Colleagues:

We are developing an orientation program for new graduate students entering
our master's degree programs.  Majority of our students work full time and
attend classes in the evening as part-time students.

I will appreciate knowing what type of orientation programs do you offer to
your graduate students.  Specifically, I am interested in knowing the
following:

1.      How long is this orientation program?

2.    What is covered in this orientation program?

3.     Who participates in this program other than students?

4.    Is there some team-building material/exercises in such a program?

5.     Is this program offered during the week, weekend or evening?

6.    What is your experience with such a program?

Thanks in advance for your help and I will post a summary of the responses.

Best regards,

Jatinder (Jeet) N. D. Gupta, PhD, CFPIM

Associate Dean for Graduate and Sponsored Programs

Director of Integrated Enterprise Lab
Eminent Scholar and Professor
College of Business Administration
The University of Alabama in Huntsville