[AISWorld] AMCIS 2014 four weeks away

Richard Watson rickwatson at mac.com
Fri Jul 11 08:50:05 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues

In historic Savannah, AMCIS 2014 will open on Thursday August 7th.

A popular set of workshops has attracted over 150 registrations.
Big Data Algorithms & Applications Under Hadoop
Business Model Design using Design Thinking & Business Building Blocks
Health Informatics - Sustainability in a Digital Age
Recent Advances in Business Intelligence, Analytics & Analytics Platforms
SAP Big Data, Analytics & ERPsim on HANA - Faculty Workshop
SIGGIS: Workshop on Geographic Information Systems for Smart Sustainability
SIGPhil: SIG Philosophy in Information Systems Workshop
The Application and Use of PLS-SEM in IS Research
The Human Face of Big Data Documentary
Using Microsoft Excel’s Data Mining Add-Ins to Introduce Data Analysis
The Doctoral Student Corner, a new networking opportunity, has nearly 100 registrations.

Another new networking event, the Mid-Career Faculty Workshop, has 19 members signed-up.

We had to create two parallel doctoral consortium tracks to handle the record 95 enrollees.

We have extensive range of papers, panels, and posters.

For the old timers, there is panel on, “So … Thinking of Retiring”

There is something for every IS scholar at AMCIS 2014.

We look forwarding to having cocktails with you on the Savannah river front each evening of the conference.

Tom Case
Eph McLean
Rick Watson

Co-Chairs