[AISWorld] Position Announcement: Research Associate in the Field of Quantitative Methods

Horst Treiblmaier horst.treiblmaier at wu.ac.at
Tue Jul 22 11:57:12 EDT 2014

*Research Associate in the Field of Quantitative Methods*

The Department of Supply Chain Management at the University of Applied
Sciences Upper Austria (http://www.logistikum.at/en/home.html) invites
applications for a position as Research Associate in Quantitative
Methods. The position will begin September 2014 or as soon as possible
thereafter.

A leader in teaching and research, the University of Applied Sciences
Upper Austria offers practice-oriented and internationally recognized
higher education in 50 Bachelor's and Master's programmes. As a research
partner for business and industry we develop innovative solutions. We
are a diverse group of researchers and educators interested in
optimization, statistics, simulation, and a wide array of applications
in supply chains and transportation systems. We value mathematical and
technical depth, experience with qualitative and quantitative research
methods and applications in practice.

The research associate will work with our team of four researchers
currently doing work on supply chain forecasting, supply chain
resilience and ICT support for supply chains. One of the main tasks will
be the collection and analysis of empirical data. Our priority is
finding a candidate who can excel, which means that we are interested in
applicants from all fields, not just Supply Chain Management.

Candidates must demonstrate experience in statistical analysis, either
qualitative or quantitative data analysis, data collection and cleaning
of data. Additional requirements include experience in project
management, conducting interviews, literature reviews and survey design.
Management or consulting experience is desirable though not essential.
Excellent English skills are required. The position is a 2-year
appointment with potential conversion to ongoing appointment. The
average gross wage per year is 45.000 Euro with a strong willingness to
overpay depending on qualification. Costs arising from applications will
not be reimbursed.

This position is open until filled. Priority will be given to those
applications received by August 15, 2014. Interested candidates should
send a CV, several publications, a list of references, and a cover
letter describing research and career interests to Horst Treiblmaier
(horst.treiblmaier at fh-steyr.at<mailto:horst.treiblmaier at fh-steyr.at>).

Dr. Horst Treiblmaier

Research Professor in SCM

Logistikum -- School of Management

University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria

Wehrgrabengasse 1-3, A-4400 Steyr/Austria

tel.: +43 (0)50804 - 33275

e-mail: horst.treiblmaier at fh-steyr.at

web1: www.logistikum.at

web2: www.fh-ooe.at