[AISWorld] Save-the-Date for Pre-ICIS Workshop on Advancing Women in IS Academia

Loiacono, Eleanor T. eloiacon at WPI.EDU
Wed Jul 30 09:15:50 EDT 2014

Greetings!

This is a save-the-date announcement for the Pre-ICIS Workshop on Advancing Women in IS Academia, which will take place on Saturday, December 13, 2014.

Description: The IS Women’s Network (ISWN) Pre-ICIS 2014 Workshop on Advancing Women in IS Academia is supported by the Elsevier Foundation. The focus of the workshop is on understanding the various issues affecting women in IS academia. The event is intended to serve as the first in a series of workshops to discuss the challenges that women in IS academia face and how we can address them as a community.

The details of the workshop are still being worked out, but preliminary details are provided below.

Date: Saturday, December 13, 2014
Time: 8:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Venue: TBD
Cost: FREE, but seats are limited (Breakfast & Lunch will be provided)

For those who face financial issues in traveling to the workshop, we have stipends to help defer some costs. Different levels of funding are available based on your location (using the UN’s Human Development Index, http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/aisnet.org/resource/resmgr/files/jan13.membrates.pdf). Please contact Eleanor Loiacono (eloiacon at wpi.edu<mailto:eloiacon at wpi.edu>) if you would like more information on how to apply for a stipend.

We encourage Ph.D. Students to attend the workshop as well as faculty at all levels.

Please RSVP to Eleanor Loiacono at (eloiacon at wpi.edu<mailto:eloiacon at wpi.edu>). Feel free to contact us for any further questions. Again, participation in the workshop is free of charge, but limited in space.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.

Sincerely,
Eleanor Loiacono (eloiacon at wpi.edu<mailto:eloiacon at wpi.edu>) and
Lakshmi Iyer (Lsiyer at uncg.edu<mailto:Lsiyer at uncg.edu>)

   Robert A. Foisie School of Business