[AISWorld] FW: Call For Articles - EDPACS: EDP Audit, Control, and Security

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:37:44 EDT 2014

FYI … A Call for Articles http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/cfp/uedpcfp.pdf

From: Dan Swanson [mailto:dswanson_2008 at yahoo.ca]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 9:13 AM
Subject: Call For Articles - EDPACS: The EDP Audit, Control, and Security
Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash"
-- George S. Patton.
________________________________

Our pipeline of completed articles for upcoming issues is in excellent shape and so I'm looking for articles for this upcoming summer and fall.

In 2014 we have also been running more 1600 to 2400 word articles (allowing more articles per issue).

Further information regarding the EDPACS publication is provided below.

Also, do consider taking out an online subscription to EDPACS, it provides access to
more than 10 years of leading edge articles - over 3,000 pages !

Do consider helping in spreading the word, by forwarding on this invite/call for articles.

Regards.
Dan
Managing Editor, EDPACS
Dan Swanson and Associates, Ltd.
"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent
direction, and skillful execution; it presents the wise choice of many alternatives."  - W. Foster.

I would appreciate if you'd pass this invite to other colleagues (to write for EDPACS).

1. EDPACS: The EDP Audit, Control, and Security Newsletter http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=t768221793

2. Aims & Scope
Now in its 42th year, EDPACS is the world's longest running IT Audit newsletter.
Published monthly, the newsletter supports the audit and control community with
highly-regarded guidance in the fields of audit, control, and security. In addition,
EDPACS regularly explores current and emerging issues around IT governance.
http://www.tandfonline.com/action/aboutThisJournal?show=aimsScope&journalCode=uedp20

3. The Current State of Internal Auditing: A Personal Perspective and Assessment - by Prof. Andrew D. Chambers<http://www.tandfonline.com/action/doSearch?action=runSearch&type=advanced&searchType=journal&result=true&prevSearch=%2Bauthorsfield%3A(Chambers%2C+A+D)>
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/07366981.2014.869962

4. Most Read EDPACS Articles
http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=uedp20#.UwI0-_k7t8E

5. The sample issue - Volume 44<http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/uedp20?open=44#vol_44>, Issue 6, 2011
Taylor & Francis Online :: EDPACS: The EDP Audit, Control, and Security Newsletter - Volume 44, Issue 6<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/uedp20/44/6>

6. Measures for Managing Operational Resilience (a sample article).
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/07366981.2011.643192

7. A Call for Articles (we're always looking for leading edge articles).
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/cfp/uedpcfp.pdf

8. The EDPACS Editorial Board
Taylor & Francis Online :: EDPACS: The EDP Audit, Control, and Security Newsletter - Editorial board<http://www.tandfonline.com/action/aboutThisJournal?show=editorialBoard&journalCode=uedp20>

Regards.
Dan
Dan Swanson and Associates, Ltd.
“It is not enough to do your best, you must know what to do and then do your best.
Does experience help? No! Not if we are doing the wrong things".- Deming.
Linkedin Profile: To join LinkedIn, sign up below...it's free!<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=646481&trk=tab_pro>
Author of "Swanson on Internal Auditing: Raising the Bar!"
SWANSON on Internal Auditing: Raising the Bar<http://www.itgovernanceusa.com/product/249.aspx>