[AISWorld] Reminder: Pre-ICIS Workshop / MISQE Special Issue 'Enterprise Architecture for Business Transformation'
Sia Siew Kien
ASKSIA at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Sep 4 19:10:10 EDT 2014
Reminder: Abstract submission due on September 16, 2014 for
Pre-ICIS 2014 Academic Workshop and MIS Quarterly Executive
December 2015 Special Issue
Enterprise Architecture for Business Transformation
Sponsored by the Society for Information Management and MIS Quarterly Executive
Saturday, December 13, 2014, 10:00am-5:00pm - Auckland, New Zealand
You are invited to submit an abstract for presentation at the pre-ICIS 2014 SIM Academic Workshop
as part of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2014, http://icis2014.aisnet.org).
This year's workshop will include invited presentations that focus on the theme: Enterprise Architecture for Business Transformation.
For this pre-ICIS workshop and for the 2015 MIS Quarterly Executive Special Issue, we invite researchers to thoroughly
examine enterprise architecture strategies and practices, with an emphasis on how IT and business leaders can leverage
an enterprise architecture in the context of business transformation. A sound, comprehensive yet cost-effective enterprise
architecture is critical for businesses to remain efficient, competitive and innovative, in today's dynamic and turbulent markets.
We encourage submissions that offer insights into proven practices. The editors are looking for evidence-based best
practice, which provides useful frameworks, new interpretations and rich illustrations of enterprise architecture that
enable and support business transformation. Lessons learned should be generalizable to other contexts. Papers
could focus on (but are not limited to) the following themes:
* Enterprise architecture strategies, resources, and practices
* Governance for effective enterprise architecture management and evolution
* New IT and business roles, responsibilities and competencies for enterprise architecture
* Enterprise architecture frameworks, models, methodologies, standards and tools
* Enterprise architecture transformation
* Sourcing strategies for successful enterprise architecture
* Global enterprise architecture management
* The business value of enterprise architecture
* Designing enterprise architecture to enable a growth-by-acquisition strategy
* Enterprise architecture in the context of business innovation and transformation
* Enterprise architecture in the era of mobile, cloud, social and the "Internet of Things"
* The unintended consequences of implementing enterprise architecture
* The role of design science in building enterprise architecture
* Enterprise architecture for platform organizations.
- 16 Sept., 2014: Submit an abstract of no more than 3 single-spaced pages of text and up to 2 figures (figures not counted in 3 page limit)
- 7 Oct., 2014: Notification of workshop acceptance with preliminary editorial feedback
Submissions should be sent to all Workshop and Special Issue Senior Editors:
- Michael Rosemann, Queensland University of Technology, m.rosemann at qut.edu.au<mailto:m.rosemann at qut.edu.au><mailto:m.rosemann at qut.edu.au>
- Philip Yetton, University of New South Wales, p.yetton at unsw.edu.au<mailto:p.yetton at unsw.edu.au><mailto:p.yetton at unsw.edu.au>
- Sia Siew Kien, Nanyang Technological University, asksia at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:asksia at ntu.edu.sg><mailto:asksia at ntu.edu.sg>
Workshop registration information will be posted on the SIM web site: www.simnet.org<http://www.simnet.org/>. For registration questions, contact the SIM
Academic Liaison: Mary Sumner, msumner at siue.edu<mailto:msumner at siue.edu><mailto:msumner at siue.edu> Typical workshop fee (including lunch): $100-$125
Special Issue of MIS Quarterly Executive, December 2015
We are pleased to announce that the December 2015 issue of MIS Quarterly Executive (MISQE) will be a special issue dedicated
to research on the theme of Enterprise Architecture for Business Transformation. Authors do not have to submit to or attend the
pre-ICIS workshop to submit to the Special Issue. However, authors who are interested in submitting a paper will benefit from
the feedback and discussions the pre-ICIS workshop will afford. Papers will be submitted to the regular MISQE review process
under the guidance of the special issue editors.
Submissions to MISQE should be written for an IT executive readership and should describe practice-oriented research findings
and guidelines. Authors are encouraged to look at prior published MISQE research articles for presentation models. AIS and SIM
members can download these articles free at: www.misqe.org<http://www.misqe.org> <http://www.misqe.org/> AIS members can also access MISQE articles via the AIS eLibrary.
23 Feb., 2015: Special Issue full paper submission deadline
20 April, 2015: First editorial review sent to authors
22 June, 2015: Paper resubmission based on editor feedback deadline
4 Aug., 2015: Second editorial review, decision and suggestions to authors.
4 Sep., 2015: Final submission of accepted papers deadline.
MISQE publication: December 2015
Authors presenting at the SIM Academic Workshop are invited to submit a full paper by January 15, 2015, to receive preliminary
editorial feedback for developing their ideas prior to the special issue full paper deadline, which is open to all researchers.
CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth:Print only when necessary.Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISWorld