[AISWorld] Call for Tracks and Papers for the 28th Bled eConference, Slovenia, 7-10 June 2015

Andreja.Pucihar at fov.uni-mb.si Andreja.Pucihar at fov.uni-mb.si
Tue Sep 23 04:43:05 EDT 2014

Apologies for cross-posting

************************************

Call for Tracks and Papers for the 28th Bled eConference, Slovenia, 7-10
June 2015

IMPORTANT DATES:
Track Proposal Submission Deadline: October 30th, 2014
Track Notification: November 1st, 2014

Paper Submission Deadline: December 31st, 2014
Author Notification: February 28th, 2015
Final Paper Submission: May 5th, 2015

#WellBeing

For the 28th Bled eConference our main tracks will explore the #WellBeing
of people in the context of Internet, Social Media, Mobile and the
Internet of Things. We wish to explore the opportunities to make life
easier and more comfortable as a result from new technologies, including
specific opportunities for the "young elderly" and senior citizens.
However, we are also interested in exploring the "dark side of e/m" and
invite contributions that discuss the downside of big data, connectedness,
quantified self and other innovations that may carry serious risks to
individuals and society as well. We view the eConference as an excellent
platform for finding the balance between the benefits and risks.

Chair: Roger W.H. Bons (roger at rogerbons.com)
Co-chair: Johan Versendaal (johan.versendaal at hu.nl)

Additional information: bledconference at fov.uni-mb.si

In 2014 we first joined forces with the "Living Bits and Things"
conference on the Internet of Things resulting in an interesting blend of
themes and researchers from different fields interacting in lovely Bled.
We therefore especially invite papers that make the combination between
these two worlds. In particular, not limited as we allow for additional
proposed research tracks, we at least offer the following tracks for Bled
2015:

eWellness (Track Chair: Christer Carlsson - Christer.Carlsson at abo.fi):
In this track we invite papers that address the specific needs and
opportunities for the "young elderly". This is a continuation of the
"Digital Services" track in 2014 where we discovered that the age group of
60-74 experience Internet and Mobile solutions in quite a different way
than younger generations. We have also found out, in a series of studies
with consumers, that there are no digital/mobile services developed for
the “young elderly” as both mobile technology developers and mobile
network operators have found this market “not interesting”; the “young
elderly” represent 18-23% of the consumer markets in EU, which makes the
disinterest in potentially significant revenue rather surprising. Also
other topics in the areas of independent living, explorations of new
business models and opportunities for using Internet of Things in this age
group are warmly welcomed.

eHealth (Track Co-Chairs: Nilmini Wickramasinghe -
nilmini.wickramasinghe at rmit.edu.au and Juergen Seitz -
seitz at dhbw-heidenheim.de):
This is a favorite and by now classic track at the Bled eConference. In
2015 we want to emphasize the role that e- and m- technologies can play in
finding the balance between societal costs on the one hand and the
#WellBeing of citizens on the other. Can we find ways to organize
healthcare closer to the patients, less intrusive and at lower costs? Can
Domotics, the Internet of Things, and the quantified self help in this
effort? And how do we safeguard that the data are not abused?

Internet of Things (Track Co-Chairs: Tomaž Vidonja -
tomaz.vidonja at ict-slovenia.net and Rob van Kranenburg):
In the 2015 conference we bring back a theme that has been at the
background somewhat in recent years, but is at the cross-roads of the e-
or m- movement on the one hand and the Internet of Things on the other:
logistics. On the one hand, many of the initiatives mentioned in the
delivery services for the young elderly and senior citizens, quality
control in medical supply chains or other application areas where the
clients of the e- or m- value chain live in remote areas and/or do want to
change their schedule just to take delivery of goods. On the other hand,
supply chain optimization is one of the earliest examples of the Internet
of Things movement and we are convinced that bringing these two
communities together will bring interesting new insights at the Bled
eConference.

Social media and Big Data (Track Co-Chairs: Hans-Dieter Zimmermann -
hansdieter.zimmermann at fhsg.ch and Jari Salo - jari.salo at oulu.fi):
The Social Media track has also been present at the conference in the past
years and is still a very relevant topic for the upcoming edition. There
we look forward to papers that look how Social Media can make life easier
or more convenient for people, but alternatively also what risks are
associated with the wide-scale use of Social Media, for instance
e-Bullying, reputation attacks and fraud with customer reviews, but also
the risks associated with the Big Data movement. How can we find a balance
between the anonymity of the Internet and the Freedom of Speech on the one
hand, while not opening ourselves up for gratuitous and uninhibited
attacks on individual persons as well as companies? Another aspect that we
would like to welcome papers on is the fit and alignment of the ad-hoc
trend of app-ification into a well-balanced extended enterprise
architecture and application portfolio.

The Rene W. Wagenaar Student Bazar (Track Co-Chairs: Johan Versendaal -
johan.versendaal at hu.nl and Ronald Batenburg - Ronald at cs.uu.nl)
There’s an app for that! Apps for mobile devices are booming. In nearly
all sectors and industries, apps are being developed to support
location-based services, personalized information delivery, mobility
monitoring functions et cetera. While app stores nearly explode by its
supply and offers, solid research on the added value and use of apps is
lacking. Parallel to what is seen in other sectors that suffer from
information over-load and complexity in consumer choice, different media
provide app reviews and app comparison tools. These are intriguing and
challenging developments where researchers (in training) can contribute
to. The theme of this year’s Bled Students Bazaar is therefore dedicated
to apps for mobile devices – in particular to apps that concern the health
and environment of individuals. Think of apps that help patients to cope
with their medication intake, that help them stop smoking, that warn them
if air pollution is endangering their allergy. Think of apps that support
house owners to track their energy usage, show individuals their
ecological footprint, help people to locally provide social support for
those in need. The possibilities to put in ‘apps for a better and
healthier world’ seem endless. But what does work? How can we determine
whether an app is effective? These are the key questions of this call for
proposals.
We call master and honors students in information, computer, organization,
health and environmental sciences, from all countries, to write a proposal
in which is thoroughly described (max. 2000 words). Please follow
submission deadlines and guidelines on the conference website.

The Bled Graduate Symposium (Symposium Co-Chairs: Doug Vogel -
isdoug at cityu.edu.hk and Heinz Dreher - h.dreher at curtin.edu.au)
The Bled 2015 Graduate Student Consortium, held on June 7th, 2015,
provides an opportunity for Higher Degree by Research students to write
and present on an aspect of their research. Whether you are just beginning
or further advanced, there will be an aspect of your research that you can
write up, have reviewed by experienced advisors, and present to your peers
at the Bled Graduate Student Consortium. Submit your intention to
participate to the co-chairs: Douglas Vogel, Department of Information
Systems, Faculty of Business, City University of Hong Kong, SAR, China;
is-doug at cityu.edu.hk, Heinz Dreher, Curtin University, Australia,
h.dreher at curtin.edu.au.

Horizon 2020 Theme Day (Track Chair: Roger W.H. Bons -
roger at rogerbons.com)
The Bled eConference has always been in a fortunate position to welcome
senior executives from the EU and other international bodies to the
conference. Bled has therefore also been the birthplace of many successful
consortiums to participate in the various EU programs. In the past two
years, the Horizon 2020 program has had a prominent place and in 2015 we
are going to spend a full day on this program, featuring the feedback from
the first round of projects as well as the possibility to interact with EU
representatives and fellow researchers to match-make, establish or
fine-tune Horizon 2020 proposals.

Andreja Pucihar
2015 Bled eConference PC Chair
Follow us: