[AISWorld] Job Opportunity to Join AIMTech Research Group

Stan Karanasios S.Karanasios at lubs.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Oct 5 14:23:19 EDT 2014

Leeds University Business School invites applications for the post of University Academic Fellow in Information Management.

Our academic staff and their capabilities are our most important asset. This University Academic Fellowship (UAF) is part of a massive investment in 250 new academic appointments across the University of Leeds; we want to recruit people who will be internationally competitive as future academic leaders contributing to the University's ambition to excel at REF 2020 and beyond. This University Fellowship is an opportunity to establish an academic career in a world class Business School, at a research intensive University, and play a key role in our future academic performance and standing.

The successful candidate will embark on a structured and supported five year development programme, successful completion of which will lead to appointment as a Grade 9 Associate Professor. Their first three years will have a particular focus on developing your potential in research, impact, innovation and leadership.

Leeds University Business School is a leading international business school and a strong research intensive Faculty of the University of Leeds. Leeds University Business School is one of the largest, most influential business schools in the UK. The School's state-of-the-art home is at the western end of the University campus close to the centre of Leeds, in the Maurice Keyworth Building. This beautiful site has been cleverly renovated and modernised, from its former function as a grammar school, to provide excellent facilities for learning, teaching and research. This is a highly positive working environment with high levels of autonomy, yet support, in the UK's second largest financial city after London. There are around 1500 undergraduates and over 1000 postgraduate students studying on a diverse and flexible range of degree programmes. We have nearly 200 academic staff, including some 40 professors, covering ten research centres, which provide dedicated resource in different areas. The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise ranked us 6th in the UK for the quality of our research in business and management.

The successful candidate will join the AIMTech Research Group (www.aimtech.org<http://www.aimtech.org>). Founded in 2002, AIMTech (Adaptation Information Management and Technology) is a highly active research group within the Business School with a mix of permanent full time staff, visiting academic and industrial colleagues, and a network of industrial partners. The group's work is focused on the inter-relationship between new technologies, information management and organisational change.

We have a track record of success in attracting funding from Research Councils, Europe and industrial partners and have also generated a strong publication record from this research, as well as putting forward an impact case - showing impact of our work in policy and practitioner settings - to the recent Research Excellence Framework exercise. We are active in our academic communities and Leeds recently hosted the international ISIC 2014 conference.  We have a strong cohort of PhD students associated with the Group.

We provide taught modules to support undergraduate and postgraduate teaching across a range of courses, including the Leeds MBA, and we have recently introduced an MSc programme in Information Management and Systems.

The successful candidate will have a PhD (or equivalent qualification/experience), the ability to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, and outstanding post-doctoral research experience in a relevant subject area. They will be a skilled communicator with well-developed writing and interpersonal skills, comfortable with collaborative and lone working and able to work effectively with diverse research, industrial and academic colleagues. They will also have the potential to identify and obtain competitive research funding, along with initiative, motivation and real enthusiasm for supporting and advancing the University research and student education goals.

University Grade 8 (£38,511 to £45,954)

The closing date is 16 Nov 2014.

To view the advert:

http://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/LUBSC1005

For informal enquiries about the role please contact Professor David Allen, tel:

+44 (0)113 343 7015, email: Da2 at lubs.leeds.ac.uk<mailto:Da2 at lubs.leeds.ac.uk>.

For enquiries about the application process please contact the recruitment team, tel: +44 (0)113 343 0518, email: 250GreatMinds at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:250GreatMinds at leeds.ac.uk>.

To find out more about the University of Leeds investment in Academic Fellowships and our 250 Great Minds recruitment campaign please visit: http://250greatminds.leeds.ac.uk/

For further information about working at the University of Leeds please visit www.leeds.ac.uk/info/20025/university_jobs<http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/20025/university_jobs>