[AISWorld] FW: Part-time Teaching Opportunity at The City University of New York

Paul Russo Paul.Russo at cuny.edu
Tue Oct 7 11:56:04 EDT 2014

Colleagues:

The CUNY School of Professional Studies is seeking part-time instructors to teach in its online B.S. in Information Systems and M.S. in Data Analytics programs.

The B.S. in Information Systems is a professionally oriented online degree that focuses on programming, databases, analytics, web and mobile app development, networking and security, enterprise systems, UX design, social media, GIS, and health technology. Our project-oriented assignments emphasize hands-on work and application to real-world problems.  We value good teaching skills, solid pedagogy, and availability to support working professionals. Must have substantial data experience in at least one in industry segment. Master's degree required; Ph.D. a plus. Experience teaching is preferred. Online experience is also a plus.  To learn more about the program see: http://sps.cuny.edu/programs/bs_is.

The M.S. in Data Analytics is a professionally oriented online degree that focuses on Predictive and Descriptive Analytics, Visualization, Simulation and Modeling, Machine Learning, and Big Data. The curriculum covers 1.) quantitative methods (probability, statistics, linear algebra, calculus, and social network analysis); 2.) open source programming and data management (Python, D3.js, SQL, NoSQL, and MapReduce); and 3.) practical business applications (marketing, business, finance, healthcare, sustainability, and more).  Our project-oriented assignment require students to use some combination of quantitative methods and analytic tools in each course.  We value good teaching skills, solid pedagogy, and availability to support working professionals. Master's degree required with a Ph.D. a plus. Must have substantial data experience in at least one in industry segment. Experience teaching is preferred. Online experience is also a plus.  To learn more about the program see: http://sps.cuny.edu/programs/ms_dataanalytics.

Please send your resume and cover letter to Sofia Binioris at sofia.binioris at cuny.edu<mailto:sofia.binioris at cuny.edu>.

Best,

Paul Russo, Ph.D.
City University of New York