[AISWorld] Enterprise Architecture Job Announcement at Penn State

Jim Jansen jjansen at ist.psu.edu
Tue Oct 7 15:20:22 EDT 2014

Enterprise Architecture
College Of Information Sciences And Technology
The Pennsylvania State University

We are searching to fill a position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in our ranks of tenure-track faculty members, to assist our college in attaining its goals in education, research and service to the community in the area of Enterprise Architecture, which involves the design, development, alignment, and integration of business architecture, application architecture, IT infrastructure and data architecture.

http://ist.psu.edu/about/enterprise-architecture-search

The recruited faculty will join a growing Enterprise Architecture effort within the college, including the Center for Enterprise Architecture (http://ea.ist.psu.edu/), which has had tremendous success in terms of student recruiting, industry partnerships, and financial support. The College offers an Enterprise Architecture Professional Masters Program via the Penn State World Campus (http://www.worldcampus.psu.edu/degrees-and-certificates/enterprise-architecture-masters/overview).

The College of Information Sciences and Technology at The Pennsylvania State University is a College that emphasizes a) systems-level thinking to approach global, societal problems, b) multiple methodologies in the pursuit of interdisciplinary research and design, and c) active, collaborative learning to support transformative teaching. To learn more about our vision, mission, goals, structure, faculty and students, please go to http://ist.psu.edu.

The College has strengths in six key areas including: 1) Computational Informatics and Science; 2) Organizational Informatics; 3) Social Policy, Economics and Informatics; 4) Human-Computer Interaction; 5) Cognition and Networked Intelligent Systems and 6) Security, Privacy and Informatics. We seek applicants who show clear evidence that they will become or are leading scholars and premier teachers in their fields and are interested in being part of a vibrant, civil and diverse academic community.

We are particularly interested in applicants who would like to pursue both research and teaching in Enterprise Architecture that would collaborate with these six key areas. We are interested in applicants who approach Enterprise Architecture from either a social, cognitive, or computational perspective or a combination of these perspectives. Real-world experience involving business and technology would be a plus. Qualified candidates must first complete the Penn State application by applying online at http://psu.jobs/ , and must then submit their curriculum vitae, summary of research and teaching plans, as well as the contact information of four persons who will write letters of recommendations at http://recruit.ist.psu.edu

For questions, please contact Dr. Jim Jansen, Faculty Search Committee Chair, 331G IST Building, College of Information Sciences and Technology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802-6823 or via email to recruit at ist.psu.edu. Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2014, and continue until the position is filled.