[AISWorld] Request: Project Management Case Studies Involving Healthcare IS Topics

Hefley, William E wehefley at katz.pitt.edu
Mon Oct 20 14:29:53 EDT 2014

John,

Here's a couple of things:

Using Project Management Methodology to Plan and Track Inpatient Care, Darren S. Kaufman, M.D., M.S., Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, Volume 31 Number 8, August 2005, p. 463 - 468

Two other cases that are really good, and could be used with a PM twist are:

*         Computerized Provider Order Entry at Emory Healthcare

*         Caregroup

Neither of these is specifically written about project management, but could serve as a rich basis for a discussion about PM.
I especially like the Emory case, because it is rich enough to get into stakeholder and organizational change / implementation and post-implementation review questions.

Another newer case that might be adapted in this way, especially given the current press and angst regarding Ebola, is

*         Roll-Out of Rapid Diagnostic Tests for Malaria in Swaziland (HBSP product GHD025-PDF-ENG)

bill

Bill Hefley, PhD, CCP, CDP, COP
Clinical Associate Professor, Katz Graduate School of Business and
College of Business Administration

Member, PMI Undergraduate Curriculum Advisory Committee

272B Mervis Hall
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
wehefley at katz.pitt.edu