[AISWorld] Call for Papers (deadline 11/15) - Mobile IT track - 16th Annual GITMA Conference in St. Louis!

Don Heath drheath2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:22:49 EDT 2014

*GITMA 2015 Call for Papers*

St.Louis, Missouri, USA

June 21-23, 2015

http://www.gitma.org

*Submission Deadline *- *11/15/2014*

*We invite submissions to the Mobile IT track at GITMA 2015. *

Few areas have experienced as much rapid growth and development as the
global tidal wave of ubiquitous mobile IT technology, including laptops,
tablets and the always-on cell phone connectivity.  The growth in mobile IT
has sparked a change in how we communicate with each other (texting to our
spouse, child or colleague in the next room), our relationships with each
other (sending up-to-the-minute photos of daily activities to friends), and
perhaps even impacting how we think (Carr’s theory that Google might be
making us stupid).  Our mobile IT platform might be isolating us more than
connecting us (for instance, this is a central hypothesis of Turkle’s Alone
Together research).  The mobile IT track seeks papers that explore the
global impact of the burgeoning mobile IT technology.  Topics appropriate
for this track include, but are not limited to the following:

   - The impact of the proliferation of cell phones and other mobile
   devices in developing countries
   - Evaluation of internet capable, global mobile technologies and the
   relative performance features of these technologies
   - The evolution of mobile technologies over time in markets, including
   work related to iPhone vs. Android platform adoption
   - The impacts of leapfrogging, where communities with previously highly
   limited internet access gain sudden and widespread access due to easily
   available internet- connected mobile devices
   - Global cross border limitations in disparate mobile IT platforms and
   standards adoption

  Research explorations of the availability of wireless connectivity access
and GNP/GDP growth relationships

Submissions link -  https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gitma2015

--
*Don Heath, PhD *