[AISWorld] business processes, TAM and e-Commerce

Ilia Bider ilia at ibissoft.se
Fri Oct 24 06:07:29 EDT 2014

Well,

I do not really understand the question. What type of e-Commerce the investigation concerns? Looking into the matter of business processes is justified only if a system to be introduced is aimed at supporting business processes. If so, IMHO, the best approach to use would be agile business process development, see our paper on the topic

"Agile business process development: why, how and when—applying Nonaka’s theory of knowledge transformation to business process development". Ilia Bider, Amin Jalali. In: Information Systems and e-Business Management, August 2014. See http://bit.ly/X8kfyG or http://bit.ly/1otCZD2.

Any attempt to introduce a complex process in one go would, probably be painful, and not especially suitable for the developing countries context. See our paper on the matter:

Bider I., Johannesson P., Perjons E., Johansson L. Design Science in Action: Developing a Framework for Introducing IT Systems into Operational Practice. In Joey, F. George (Eds.) Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems, ICIS 2012. Orlando, USA, December 16-19, 2012. Association for Information Systems 2012, ISBN 978-0-615-71843-9. http://bit.ly/YXp47r

Still, I am much in doubt that looking at business processes would help to increase adoption in the development countries context. Using a kind of a socio-technical investigation would, IMHO, have better chances to find a solution.

Best regards

Ilia Bider

Requirements on No Requirements - When using agile is justified? http://slidesha.re/1rS9pal

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad