[AISWorld] Faculty Positions-Human Centered/Social Computing - near NYC

Michael Bieber bieber at njit.edu
Thu Oct 30 17:05:14 EDT 2014

*NJIT Faculty Position in Cyber-Human Systems / Human Centered and
Social Computing for Fall 2015*
http://is.njit.edu/about/jobs

Located a short train ride from New York City and Silicon Alley, the
Department of Information Systems, in the College of Computing Sciences,
at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks applications for
a faculty position in Human Centered and Social Computing.

We are looking for outstanding research-orientated candidates with, or
near the completion of, a PhD in HCI, Human Centered Computing,
Informatics, Computer Science, Communication, Information Studies,
Information Systems or a related field. Preference will be given to
candidates with experience in building and testing of innovative
interactive systems or UXD / UX-research, and a desire to engage
students in such activities.  We strongly encourage applications from
any area of Human Centered and Social Computing.

The Information Systems (IS) Department is part of NJIT's College of
Computing Sciences, which is focused on computing research.  As such,
tenure and teaching expectations are aligned with those of the broader
computing community, with an emphasis on grant funding and publishing in
top computing conferences (e.g., CHI, CSCW, USIT, UbiComp, IUI) and
scholarly journals.  The IS Department specializes in both Human
Centered Computing and data intensive research.

U.S. News & World Report's Guide to America's Best Colleges ranks NJIT
among the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is the
largest technical state university in the NY-NJ tri-state area and is
undergoing rapid transformation.  The university, located at University
Heights - Newark along with several other educational institutions, is
at the center of urban renewal.

Department of Information Systems offers undergraduate, masters and PhD
degrees.   We benefit from our close proximity to midtown Manhattan (30
minutes by train) and the highly livable communities of northern New
Jersey. The area has a high concentration of business and government
organizations, with many opportunities for field research, collaboration
and consulting.  For more information, please visit:
http://is.njit.edu/about/jobs/

Michael Bieber, Professor and Associate Chair/Graduate Programs
Director, Information Systems
Email/MSN IM: bieber at njit.edu <mailto:bieber at njit.edu> Web:
web.njit.edu/~bieber <http://web.njit.edu/%7Ebieber>
IM/Skype: profbieber (AIM/Google/Yahoo)
Phone: (973) 596-2681 FAX: (973) 596-2986 [email/IM preferred]
(Calendar link
<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=profbieber@gmail.com>)

Information Systems Department - College of Computing Sciences -
is.njit.edu <http://is.njit.edu>
New Jersey Institute of Technology
4104 Information Technology Center
University Heights, Newark, New Jersey 07102-1982 USA