[AISWorld] Journal of Management Analytics Special Issue on "Big Data Methods and Applications"
Bin.Gu at asu.edu
Tue Nov 4 07:10:38 EST 2014
Journal of Management Analytics Special Issue on "Big Data Methods and Applications" Call for Paper
Big Data has fundamentally changed the way in which the business collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates information and supports decision making. The volume, variety, velocity, and veracity of Big Data pose new challenges for both business practitioners and academic researchers. In particular, there is a gazing gap between the need for analytical expertise and the existing skills to understand and make decisions based on the analysis of big data. Thus, this special issue calls for innovative and advanced research on big data analytical research methodology and new applications of such methods.
Topics of interest for the special issue include, but are not limited to:
* Innovative approaches for data collection (e.g., sensor-based wearable devices, location-based mobile devices) and data analysis (e.g., new econometrics, machine learning, decision science models) of Big Data.
* New methods to extract business intelligence from the structured and unstructured business data (e.g. data in the form of text, video, audio, link structure etc.)
* New methods for the creation, sharing and reuse of Big Data.
* Tools and technologies for deploying and managing Big Data
* New approaches to combine multiple research methods on Big Data.
* New methods introduced from reference disciplines (e.g. statistics, biology, medical science, computer science, physics, etc) for the business analysis of Big Data.
* New methods emerged from recent Big Data innovations in fields such as the healthcare, finance, entertainment, and smart businesses.
* New methods to ensure the security and privacy of Big Data
· Paper submission: March 15, 2015
· First round notification: June 1, 2015
· Invited Paper Workshop (preliminarily scheduled to be at Sweden): August 2015
· Acceptance notification: November 1, 2015
· Final papers: December 1, 2015
Partial funding for the presenting author to attend the workshop will be provided for papers selected after the first round review.
Submission Format and Guideline
All submitted papers must be clearly written in English and contain only original work, which has not been published by or is currently under review for any other journal. A detailed submission guideline is available at “Instructions for Authors” at http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tjma20&page=instructions and all papers should be submitted through http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tjma
Geda Adomavicius University of Minnesota
Bin Gu Arizona State University
Pengzhu Zhang Shanghai Jiaotong University
Eric Zheng University of Texas at Dallas
Special Issue Editorial Board
Alan Abrahams Virginia Tech
Michael Chau Hong Kong University
Roger Chiang University of Cincinnati
Paul Damien University of Texas at Austin
Weiguo (Patrick) Fang Virginia Tech
Juan Feng City University of HongKong
Gordon Gao University of Maryland
Jeffrey Hu Georgia Institute of Technology
Hongyan Liu Tsinghua University
Gautam Pant University of Iowa
Yunjie Xu Fudan University
Qiang Ye Harbin Institute of Technology
John Zhang University of Connecticut
J. Leon Zhao City University of Hong Kong
Rong Zheng Hongkong University of Science and Technology
Co-Director, China DBA Program
W. P. Carey School of Business
Department of Information Systems
Arizona State University
P. O. Box 874606
Tempe, AZ 85287-4606
e. Bin.Gu at asu.edu<mailto:Bin.Gu at asu.edu>
w. W P Carey Profile - Bin Gu<http://wpcarey.asu.edu/directory/people/profile.cfm?person=2246772>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISWorld