[AISWorld] JITTA 2014 Volume 15, Issue 2, Contents

vom Brocke Jan jan.vom.brocke at uni.li
Thu Nov 27 10:03:48 EST 2014

Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA)
2014 Volume 15, Issue 2, Table of Contents, http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/

====

ARTICLE 1

Editorial: Welcoming Contributions on Topical Themes in Information Systems Research

Jan vom Brocke, University of Liechtenstein

Abstract

This editorial alludes to the potential of topical themes in information systems research to further develop the field. Research on topical themes focuses on novel matters, such as those related to a domain, technology, or methodology in IS research, and, as such, it is often both innovative and highly relevant. Investigating novel IT-related phenomena not only brings diversity to IS research, it also accelerates it and fosters the contributions our field makes to society. In particular, leaving the beaten track helps to align our research agendas with dynamically changing societal requirements and socio-technological opportunities. Nonetheless, investigating topical themes has its limitations and brings challenges, the most important of which is integrating these themes with extant knowledge. This editorial presents four principles—conceptualization, contribution, IT orientation, and contextualization—researchers can use to position topical themes in IS research.

To obtain a copy of the entire article, click on the link below:
http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/vol15/iss2/1/

====

ARTICLE 2

Suggestions for the Next Wave of BPM Research: Strengthening the Theoretical Core and Exploring the Protective Belt

Jan Recker, Queensland University of Technology

Abstract

In this essay, I present a reflective and generative analysis of Business Process Management research, in which I analyze process management and the surrounding research program from the viewpoint of a theoretical paradigm embracing analytical, empirical, explanatory and design elements. I argue that this view not only reconciles different perceptions of BPM and different research streams, but that it also informs ways in which the BPM research program could develop into a much richer, more inclusive and overall more significant body of work than it has to date. I define three perspectives on a BPM research agenda, give several examples of exciting existing research, and offer key opportunities for further research that can (a) strengthen the core of BPM, (b) generate novel theory from BPM in relevant and topical big issue domains, and (c) explore more rigorously and comprehensively the protective belt of BPM assumptions that much of the present research abides by. The essay ends with some recommendations for continuing the debate about what constitutes BPM and some suggestions for how future research in this area might be carried out.

To obtain a copy of the entire article, click on the link below:
http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/vol15/iss2/2/

====

ARTICLE 3

A Content Validity Study for a Knowledge Management System Success Model in Healthcare

Nor'ashikin Ali, Universiti Tenaga Nasional,
Kajang, Alexei Tretiakov, Massey University, Palmerston North,
Dick Whiddett, Massey University, Palmerston North

Abstract

Although research in knowledge management systems (KMS) has been growing, its instrument development has not been given sufficient attention. In particular, the issue of content validity has rarely been addressed in a systematic manner. Formally demonstrating content validity is an important step in the instrument-development process, and relies on a panel of experts’ judgment to confirm that the items generated are congruent with the constructs. This papers reports on a content validity study for a KMS success model in healthcare. The study procedures involved selecting experts and collecting and analyzing their evaluations. We formed the panel of experts by contacting the participants of a conference on health informatics and the authors of papers related to knowledge management published in major journals. We used Lawshe’s (1975) technique, which uses the computation of content validity ratio (CVR) to screen questionnaire items. This study will help practitioners and researchers in KMS to create valid and reliable measure.

To obtain a copy of the entire article, click on the link below:
http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/vol15/iss2/3/

====

ABOUT THE JOURNAL

JITTA is an AIS Journal that welcomes submissions of high impact that seek a fast peer-review and publication process. The journal has 15 years of tradition. The acceptance rate is 25% and the typical turnaround between submission and initial decision is about two to three months. JITTA is considered in a number of databases and rankings world-wide and it has been identified an A Journal in Australian Business Deans Council Journal Quality List 2013 (on a four-Tier scale of A*, A, B, and C).

http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/

by MailMarshal