[AISWorld] CfP: BITWorld - 17th International Conference on Business IT, May 19-21, Las Vegas, USA

Spyridon Samonas ssamonas at vcu.edu
Tue Dec 9 07:49:38 EST 2014

*CALL FOR PAPERS*
** BITWorld 2015 **
**** 17th International Conference on Business Information Technology ****
*May 19-21, 2015, LAS VEGAS, USA*
*Papers submission deadline: February 15, 2015*
*http://bit-world.us* <http://bit-world.us/>

*Background*

The year was 1997 and a bunch of colleagues had gotten together in the CSA
Bar at Cranfield University, UK. The game of darts was in full swing. An
idea popped – how interesting would it be to organize a Business
Information Technology conference at a location where traditionally such
conferences never venture to be. Very quickly New Delhi as a location was
suggested. An email was sent to Professor Gordon Davis at the University of
Minnesota to be the inaugural keynote speaker. And without much ado, we had
an event at our hands. Professor Rekha Jain of Indian Institute of
Management, Ahmedabad became the local organizing chair.

In years to come the conference grew from strength to strength and events
were organized in South Africa, Egypt, Ecuador, Mexico among other places.
For the past few years though, BITWorld was co-hosted with CITED in
Nigeria, CoDE in Thailand and China and CISTM in India. The next event is
being decoupled from the co-hosts and will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada
on* May 19-21, 2015*. We look forward to carrying forward a rich tradition
of BITWorld events in 2015 and beyond. BITWorld includes a full program of
papers, presentations, keynotes and publishing events, and aspires to bring
together academics, researchers and practitioners from all over the world
to engage in dialogue and exchange ideas on the latest developments and
challenges in Information Technology.

*Scope and Aims*

The conference aims to bring together researchers and practitioners
interested in studying and discussing a range of leadership challenges as
these might relate to their particular businesses and industry. Such
dialogue will facilitate the development of agendas for further research
and development. We invite you to consider submitting your research papers,
workshop or tutorial proposals for consideration. Topics include, but are
not limited to:

- Big Data and analytics
- Leading technical teams through organizational change
- Key issues in managing IT related change
- IT Leadership development theories and practices
- Developing and sustaining IT competencies
- Identifying future IT leaders
- Challenges in aligning IT and business
- Gaining strategic advantages from IT
- Strategic planning for IT
- Governance practices in IT
- Applications of Systems Theory to business IT
- Managing the IT function for business value
- The influence of politics and culture on IT decisions

*Submission Details: *
Participation can be in the following categories (but not limited to):

Industry Participants: If you have an interesting story to share we welcome
your participation. We can guarantee an engaging participation from the
floor, where you can discuss and talk freely about what you have been
thinking. We just require a title of your presentation, a few lines
describing your topic area and a brief biographical note (about 100 words).

Academic Participants: We encourage you to submit an abstract, a full
paper, a research note, or a case study. Submission details are available
at: http://www.bit-world.us

Submission deadline: February 15, 2015
Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2015

*Program Committee*

*Conference Chairs*
Spyridon Samonas, PhD
Virginia Commonwealth University, USA

Rahul Singh, PhD
University of North Carolina Greensboro, USA

*Program Chair*
Helena Lindskog, PhD
Linkoping University, Sweden

*Track Chairs*
*Big Data & Analytics*
Markos Zachariadis, PhD
Warwick Business School, UK

*Technology in Entrepreneurial Ventures*
David Coss, PhD
Virginia State University, USA

*Management Systems in Business IT*
Dionysios Demetis, PhD