[AISWorld] Indiana University Ph.D. Program in Information Science Accepting Applications by January 15th

Ying Ding dingying at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:26:22 EST 2014

Indiana University Ph.D. Program in Information Science Accepting
Applications by January 15th

Apply Today!

Funding packages with $21,500 per year stipends are available for top
candidates.

As the Indiana University Ph.D. in Information Science celebrates 50
years (1964 to 2014) – and over 185 graduates, we are pleased to accept
new applications to our program in the School of Informatics and
Computing, Department of Information and Library Science. Our doctoral
program is one of the longest continuously running information science
programs in the U.S. with one of the highest number of graduates. We are
proud of our graduates. They have authored books and articles, and have
been teachers of thousands of students over the past 50 years. A number
have gone on to become Deans of schools and libraries, Directors of
doctoral programs, Editors of journals, and Presidents of national
professional associations.

Our Doctor of Philosophy in Information Science trains the next
generation of information scientists—the people who will advance the
knowledge in this field. Doctoral students are advised by faculty that
are engaged in cutting-edge research areas such as:
- social informatics
- data science
- computer mediated communication
- scholarly communication
- online communities
- information visualization
- social media analysis
- digital humanities
- scientometrics
- digital library
- knowledge entity and graph mining
- semantic web and linked data
- complex network analysis
- data and text mining and information retrieval
- knowledge mining in healthcare, medicine and cognitive science
- metadata management
- science of team science

Our students can benefit from our active community of scholars that
includes these Research Centers:
- Catapult Center for Digital Humanities and Computational Analysis
- Center for Computer Mediated Communication
- Center for Research on Mediated Interaction (CROMI)
- Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science (CNS) Center
- Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics (RKCSI)
- Web Science Lab

Located in the ideal university town of Bloomington, Indiana, the
program is supported by both an extensive research infrastructure – and,
by a beautiful setting. The technology and library resources at IU are
stellar. The trees, the music, and the food in Bloomington enrich
out-of-class hours.

Interested in our doctoral program? Have questions?

Contact: Dr. Ying Ding, ILS Ph.D. Program Director at dingying at indiana.edu