[AISWorld] Call for IS/IT/ISA Faculty Participants in Open Access Journal Survey

Dr. Mike Whitman mwhitman at kennesaw.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:38:38 EST 2014

Apologies for multiple postings, but we really need respondents to finalize our data collection...

Colleagues:

We are conducting a study designed to explore attitudes toward publication in Open Access (OA) Journals by Information Systems, Information Technology and Information Security faculty members.

"In general, Open Access (OA) journals are scholarly journals that are available online to the reader without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the Internet itself. Some are subsidized, and some require payment on behalf of the author. Some require copyright transfer to the journal, others do not." (Suber, P., n.d.).

We are asking interested faculty members, regardless of whether you have published in an OA journal or not, to take part in the online survey at the following URL: http://tinyurl.com/KSUOASurvey . You may preview the survey at: http://preview.tinyurl.com/KSUOASurvey .
The 25 question survey should take no longer than 20 minutes of your time.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

M. Whitman & A. Woszczynski, Researchers
--

Michael E. Whitman, Ph.D., CISM, CISSP
Professor of Information Security,