[AISWorld] University of Pittsburgh Ph.D. Program in Information Science invites candidates to apply by January 15, 2015

yu-ru lin yuruliny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 11:47:18 EST 2015

University of Pittsburgh's School of Information Sciences invites
candidates to apply to Ph.D. Program in Information Science.

** Apply now: http://bit.ly/1GQ7CJZ
** Learn more: http://bit.ly/1wCTpgC
** Application deadline: January 15, 2015

The University of Pittsburgh is home to one of the top-ranked institutions
in Information Sciences in the United States. The School of Information
Sciences (iSchool) has a rich history of training information professionals
for careers in research, teaching and industry.

Students admitted to one of our PhD programs can expect to receive multiple
years of full scholarship or funding in the form of research and teaching
assistantships. Our generous package includes a full tuition waiver, full
medical coverage and a competitive yearly stipend.

We ensure that each student receives abundant intellectual guidance from
faculty and gains the experience necessary to prepare him or her for future
research careers. Our graduates hold tenure-track positions at leading
universities and are leaders in industry and government domains because of
the many opportunities available to them during their doctoral studies.
These opportunities include research or industry internships, expected
participation in international workshops and conferences, and collaboration
with cross-disciplinary, cross-institutional, cutting-edge research teams.

Students can select specialized areas of research, including:
* Adaptive Web Systems
* Big Data
* Database Management
* Data Visualization
* Decision Support Systems
* Geoinformatics
* Human Robot Interaction
* Information Security and Privacy
* Intelligent Web Information Access
* Learning Technology
* Machine Learning
* Network Science
* Spatial Informatics
* Social Computing
* Wireless Information Systems
For more details about research, visit:
http://www.ischool.pitt.edu/research/

University of Pittsburgh is ranked 42th in the world by U.S. News & World
Report (http://bit.ly/1zV4RGr). It also recognizes Pitt's iSchool as one of
the top 10 information schools in the nation (http://bit.ly/175XPD5).

Visit our website for more information on the admissions process (
http://bit.ly/1zg2fxE). Consider liking our Facebook page (
https://www.facebook.com/ischoolpitt) to see what student life is like at
the iSchool or follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ischool_pitt) to
keep up with important research news and deadlines.
The University of Pittsburgh is located in the Oakland neighborhood of
Pittsburgh – a vibrant area home to several universities, public parks,
restaurants, libraries and museums all within walking distance! To learn
more about what Pittsburgh has to offer, visit Pitt’s Cool Pittsburgh
website (http://www.coolpgh.pitt.edu/).

=== Contact ===
If you have any questions about doctoral programs at the iSchool, please
contact:

Shabana Reza (isinq at sis.pitt.edu)
Enrollment Manager
1-800-672-9435

Please note that the University of Pittsburgh will be closed for winter
recess from Wednesday, December 24, 2014 through Sunday, January 4, 2015.
However, you can still apply during that time!