[AISWorld] [egovpolinet] kind request for support in online consultation

Laurence Brooks Laurence.Brooks at brunel.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 18:06:04 EST 2015

Dear AISWorld members,

eGovPoliNet is an EU funded project and its members (www.policy-community.eu<http://www.policy-community.eu>) have developed five grand challenges of research in the field to indicate current gaps and further research needs in the field of ICT-supported public governance and policy modelling.

The following grand challenges have been formulated:
- Grand challenge 1 - Data and information characteristics and use
- Grand challenge 2 - Modelling and simulation
- Grand challenge 3 - Citizen and stakeholder engagement
- Grand challenge 4 - Government capabilities and legitimacy
- Grand challenge 5 - Translating research results into policy actions and support

Before finalising the descriptions for wider dissemination, the network exposes the descriptions to a wider online expert consultation. We herewith invite you all to participate in this online consultation and to engage with us in assessing and improving the draft descriptions. As the grand challenges will be accompanied by policy recommendations for funding bodies, policy makers as well as the research and practice community actors in the field, we furthermore invite you to put forward your considerations of what policy recommendations should be formulated and directed to whom.

We kindly ask you to review the above grand challenge descriptions and provide us with your feedback, which you can do in the following ways:
- by adding your comments underneath each of the grand challenge descriptions on the page http://www.policy-community.eu/news-events/results/grand-challenges-of-research<%20http:/www.policy-community.eu/news-events/results/grand-challenges-of-research>
- by filling in an online questionnaire with eleven questions, which allows you also to develop up to two additional grand challenges if you feel that key aspects are not covered in the five grand challenges above (in that case, please consider the understanding of grand challenges provided above). The questionnaire is reachable via http://www.policy-community.eu/news-events/results/grand-challenges-of-research
- by engaging in the discussion we also convey over our LinkedIn group "Policy Making 2.0" https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4165795.

The project members and I as project coordinator are very grateful for your most valuable contributions!
We very much hope that you find this kind of open discussion of value.

With kind regards,
Maria Wimmer