[AISWorld] Tenure Track Position in Information Systems, Vienna

Gustaf Neumann neumann at wu.ac.at
Mon Jan 26 07:54:28 EST 2015

*
Assistant Professor Position Information Systems and New Media, with
Tenure Track **(Ref.No. **2713 )
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)*

WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is currently inviting
applications for the position of a Assistant Professor Position In
Information Systems and New Media. The aim is to support highly
qualified postdoctoral researchers matching the scientific profile of
our Institute (see long text).

We especially appreciate female researchers and researchers with
international academic experience.
Applications must be submitted through the University's online
employment system until February 1, 2015.

Best regards
-gustaf neumann

http://nm.wu-wien.ac.at/
http://www.wu.ac.at/structure/servicecenters/hr/aktuellejobs/2713/

Would you like to take an important step in your academic career? Here
you will find the best conditions for that! The Institute for
Information Systems and New Media of the Vienna University of Economics
and Business (Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, WU) is currently inviting
applications for an

Assistant Professor position, Tenure Track (fulltime)

The Institute for Information Systems and New Media consists of an
interdisciplinary team of more than 20 researchers with strong industry
connections with the spin-off company Knowledge Markets. The research
areas range from software development for dynamic systems, security and
workflow management, scalable web systems up to international anchored
projects in E-Learning and knowledge management.

To strengthen our team we offer a position of an Assistant Professor,
tenure track (post- doc, employee subject to the terms of the Collective
Bargaining Agreement for University Employees - Angestellte/r gemäß
Kollektivvertrag für die Arbeitnehmer/innen der Universitäten). The
minimum gross monthly salary is 3.483,30 Euro (14 times per year),
relevant prior professional experience can be recognized. This employee
position will be limited to a period of six years, starting on March 29,
2015. For this position, a qualification agreement can be considered
after a period of two years, pursuant to § 27 of the Collective
Bargaining Agreement. After successful fulfillment of any qualification
agreement made, employment can be made permanent

Duties and responsibilities:

  *

    Contribution to the Institute's research fields (Dynamic Scripting
    Languages, Scalable Web Systems, Large Scale E-Learning Systems; for
    details, see web site)

  *

    Teaching technical subjects on undergraduate level (Software
    Development,

    Computer Networks, Information Security) and in the international
    Master Program

    Information Systems (IS Development, Distributed Systems, IS
    Engineering)

  *

    Attracting external research funding

    Your profile:

  *

    Completed PhD or Doctor's degree in Wirtschaftsinformatik
    (Information Systems) or Computer Science or equivalent qualification

  *

    In-depth academic experience in the research fields mentioned above

  *

    Several years of teaching experience in the technical IS subjects
    mentioned above

  *

    Practical experience in larger software development projects

  *

    Experience in attracting external research funding

  *

    Profound knowledge in Information Systems

  *

    Very good English skills, German skills

    Find further information about our institute under
    http://nm.wu-wien.ac.at/
    Please submit your application on our website at
    http://www.wu.ac.at/jobs (reference no. 2713) until February 1, 2015.

    We look forward to receiving your application!

--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Gustaf Neumann
WU Vienna