[AISWorld] AMCIS CFP - Mini-Track: Innovative Approaches to Data and Text Mining

Deng, Shuyuan Shuyuan.Deng at dsu.edu
Mon Feb 23 00:14:28 EST 2015

Data and Text Mining mini track is back in Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Puerto Rico, August 13-15, 2015.

Mini-track Description
Analytics technologies have been consistently creating positive impact on organizational decision making. Data and text mining is a critical area in analytics. As data are being generated at an unprecedented magnitude in recent years, the data structures that need to be processed in analytics are becoming increasingly diverse. The underlying storage architecture is also experiencing a drastic shift, as demonstrated by the wide adoption of non-relational (NoSQL) and distributed databases. New approaches in data and text mining are in demand by organizations to properly analyze such data.
We invite innovative research papers (either completed research or research in progress) using a variety of research methodologies, such as qualitative, quantitative, design science, and theoretical modeling methodologies. We have listed some of the areas here. However, we welcome papers in other relevant areas too.

Potential Topics:
Challenges in mining unstructured data
Mining big data
Innovative analytic techniques
Data and text mining on distributed computing infrastructures
Legal and privacy issues in data mining
Teaching data and text mining techniques
Data and text mining in bioinformatics
Data and text mining's impact on organization performance
Data and text mining as a service
Innovative application of data and text mining in organizations
Information security and mining
Tools in data and text mining

We are open to a wide variety of topics. Details could be found at the Website

http://amcis2015.aisnet.org/2-uncategorised/52-business-analytics-big-data-and-knowledge-management-sigdsa-track

Submission Deadline: February 25, 2015 at 2:00 PM EST.

"Note: We are excited to announce that starting this year the best research and research in progress papers in the mini track will be considered for fast tracking to Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ). The authors of the selected papers will be notified of this decision at the same time the acceptance decisions are sent to authors, and will be invited to attend a DSJ development workshop that is part of the pre-conference program."

Please feel free to contact the mini track co-chairs with any question.

Shuyuan (Lance) Deng, Dakota State University, shuyuan.deng at dsu.edu<mailto:shuyuan.deng at dsu.edu>

Abhijit (Abbi) Dutt, Penn State University, aud18 at psu.edu<mailto:aud18 at psu.edu>

Huimin (Min) Zhao, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, hzhao at uwm.edu<mailto:hzhao at uwm.edu>