[AISWorld] Vacancy: Full Professor in Data Mining at the Data Science Center Eindhoven (DSC/e) at TU/e

Aalst, W.M.P. van der W.M.P.v.d.Aalst at tue.nl
Wed Feb 25 04:18:53 EST 2015

Help us to shape the future of data science

Eindhoven University of Technology is looking for a:
Full Professor in Data Mining

The Data Science Center Eindhoven (DSC/e) is an initiative of TU/e to set up a world leading research and education program in data science. Seven research programs have been defined and over 25 research groups are contributing to DSC/e. Clearly, Data Mining is at the very core of data science and therefore essential for DSC/e. Therefore, we would like to create a new dedicated research group on data mining. Are you the new full professor in Data Mining to lead this group?

Your role
As the full professor, you will work in the Information Systems (IS) section of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. Currently there are two expertise areas in the IS section: one focusing on business process management and process mining (chaired by prof. Van der Aalst) and one focusing on web engineering, data mining and databases (chaired by prof. De Bra). You will be given the opportunity to set up your own complementary research group.

The precise research focus will be left to you, and your personal research interests and preferences. Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important since we expect a huge shortage of Data Scientists trained at the academic level. You will develop courses and teach Data Mining in the context of DSC/e.

Collaboration and contacts with industry and research partners are essential. Your role will be to maintain and expand contacts with industrial and research partners in the Brainport region and beyond. You will collaborate with other research groups within DSC/e and play an active role in other data science initiatives (e.g., within NIRICT and SIKS).

You
You are a motivating and inspiring personality, prepared to work in a team. You combine a PhD in Computer Science preferably related to the described research area with educational experience on an academic level. You have experience in developing and teaching courses, value real-life applications of data science and are able to collaborate with industry. You have proven managerial abilities and you are willing to play a leading role in the further development of the DSC/e.

We offer
We offer you a unique opportunity to combine your educational skills and academic research interests as a full-time professor in "Data Mining" (1.0 fte). At TU/e you be able to work at the forefront of data science. Last but not least: we offer an excellent infrastructure and an inspiring working environment.

Interested?
Take a look at http://jobs.tue.nl/nl/vacature/full-professor-data-mining-211121.html for the full job description. Applications are open until April 30, 2015.