[AISWorld] CfP: 2015 European Security Conference, June 1-2, Lisbon, Portugal

Spyridon Samonas ssamonas at vcu.edu
Mon Mar 2 08:59:53 EST 2015

*CALL FOR PAPERS*
**** 2015 European Security Conference ****
*Security in the Internet of Things*
*June 1-2, 2015, LISBON, PORTUGAL*
*Papers submission deadline: April 15, 2015*
*http://secconf.iseg.ulisboa.pt <http://secconf.iseg.ulisboa.pt/>*

*Background*

The nature and scope of the Information Security field is evolving. We are
no longer are we just concerned with protecting the technical edifice. Our
emphasis has become more holistic, and we tend to consider both the
organizational and technical aspects of information protection to be
equally important. The European Security Conference provides a forum for
discourses in Security, Assurance and Privacy that will define the moment
and provide a useful basis for nurturing further dialogues.

The European Security Conference facilitates interactions amongst
researchers and practitioners in the field of  security, assurance and
privacy in Europe and beyond. We hope to facilitate discussions and build a
community of interest. The Conference welcomes diverse views of managing
security and privacy. These may range from being very technical to
socio-organizational, and the intention is to develop informed insights
into the socio-technical nature of security problems.

The 2015 European Security Conference is scheduled for June 1-2, 2015, in
Lisbon, Portugal. The Conference is the European extension of the Annual
Security Conference that has been held in Las Vegas (USA) for over a
decade. The conference attracts a nice mix of participants from academia,
government and industry. Organizers for the 2015 event is ISEG, University
of Lisbon (Portugal).

Conference theme for 2015 is: *Security in the Internet of Things*

*Scope and Aims*

Security, assurance and privacy challenges are abound. Advances in
information and communication technologies have brought many security
problems to the fore. Such problems may be technical in nature or
organizationally grounded. Whatever be the nature and scope of the security
problems, there is a need to engage in discourses pertaining to security,
assurance and privacy. To that effect we welcome participation in the
European Security Conference. Topic areas covered in the conference
include, but are not limited to the following:

   - Cyber security in specific sectors (healthcare, banking, government
   etc)
   - Cyber terrorism
   - Digital forensics
   - Electronic espionage
   - Ethical and legal aspects of security
   - Intrusion detection and prevention
   - IT audit and control
   - Risky habits risky behaviors
   - Security and BYOD
   - Security breaches and data analytics
   - Security governance
   - Security in social media and online communities
   - Security policies
   - Socio-technical aspects of security
   - System vulnerabilities and risk exposure
   - Technology enabled crime

*Submission Details: *
Participation can be in the following categories (but not limited to):

Industry Participants: If you have an interesting story to share we welcome
your participation. We can guarantee an engaging participation from the
floor, where you can discuss and talk freely about what you have been
thinking. We just require a title of your presentation, a few lines
describing your topic area and a brief biographical note (about 100 words).

Academic Participants: We encourage you to submit an abstract, a full
paper, a research note, or a case study. Submission details are available
at: http://secconf.iseg.ulisboa.pt

Submission deadline: *April 15, 2015*
Notification of acceptance: All decisions are emailed latest by *May 1,
2015*
Final version of papers: *May 17, 2015*

*Program Committee*

*Honorary Chairs*
Mario Caldeira, ISEG University of Lisboa, Portugal
Gurpreet Dhillon, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA

*Co-Conference Chairs*
Spyridon Samonas, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Karin Hedstrom, Orebro University, Sweden
Filipe de Sá-Soares, University of Minho, Portugal

*Program Chairs*
Fredrik Karlson, Orebro University
Mario Romāo, ISEG, University of Lisboa, Portugal

*Organizing Chair*
Sergio Nunes, ISEG, University of Lisboa, Portugal