[AISWorld] Extended deadline of CfP on "Electronic Markets in supply chain Management"

Electronic Markets editors at electronicmarkets.org
Wed Mar 4 08:09:23 EST 2015

- Apologies for cross-postings -

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our call for papers for the special
issue on "Electronic markets in supply chain management". The deadline for
this call has been extended until April 30th, 2015.

The detailed CfP is copied below.

We cordially invite original research contributions to the special issue or
to general research on electronic markets and networked business from all
potential authors. Please note that general research articles can be
submitted anytime whereas special issue articles need to be submitted by the
deadline shown in the CfP.

Please feel free to forward this email to interested colleagues. If
questions arise regarding the submission deadline or potential topics,
please contact the editorial office [editors at electronicmarkets.org].

With best regards,

Carsta Militzer-Horstmann

Executive Editor

Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business

Call for Papers for Special Issue on

"Electronic markets in supply chain management"

Guest Editors

**************

* Prockl, Günter, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark,
<mailto:gp.om at cbs.dk> gp.om at cbs.dk

* Bhakoo, Vikram, University of Melbourne, Australia,
<mailto:vbhakoo at unimelb.edu.au> vbhakoo at unimelb.edu.au

* Wong, Christina, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
<mailto:christina.wy.wong at polyu.edu.hk> christina.wy.wong at polyu.edu.hk

Theme

******

Supply chains are inherently complex and involve managing relationships and
information flows across multiple echelons, engaging with diverse
stakeholders, third party logistics organizations and different
institutions. Therefore it becomes vital to study these interactions. These
interactions are the sources of new business models, innovations and also
facilitate building resilience in managing risks and disruptions. In this
special issue we are particularly interested in how these interactions
create or alternate the dynamics of service provision in different
(electronic) markets and industries. We are particularly keen on submissions
that take the supply chain as their unit of analysis and thus go beyond the
organization to include dyadic, triadic or network level of analysis..

Central issues and themes

**************************

Possible topics of submissions include, but are not limited to:

-             The evolving market for innovative services in supply chain
management.

-             Technology interactions as a mechanism for innovations and
innovative services.

-             IT based services and the challenges of their implementation
in logistics and supply chain environments.

-             The development process of innovative services involving
different stakeholders and actors.

-             The emergence of business models for IT based services in the
supply chain environment.

-             The mechanisms and developments of push vs. pull based
innovations in supply chain environments.

-             Customer-Supplier relationships in the market for IT based
logistics services.

-             Institutionalization of processes and Standards across
different actors in supply chains.

-             Functionalities and standards of electronic
platforms/infrastructures for supply chains.

The special issue wants to emphasize topics that relate to the above
outlined context. We are thus calling for paper contributions that employ
diverse technology mechanisms for studying interactions, refer to different
supply chains or use different industry contexts such as logistics services,
banking, finance or health care organizations where innovations are being
generated. Of particular interest are hereby contributions addressing the
dilemmas and challenges related to different tiers of the supply chain or at
least the dyadic relationship and the related network view of analysis
and/or emphasizing the more organizational and social aspects of development
and institutionalization.

We encourage contributions with a broad range of methodological approaches,
including conceptual, qualitative and quantitative research. We also welcome
contributions addressing related topics not listed above (please contact the
special issue editors in that case to discuss the fit prior to submission).

All papers will be peer reviewed and should conform to Electronic Markets
publication standards. Electronic Markets is a SSCI-listed journal and
supports methodological and theoretical pluralism, i.e. empirical or
theoretical work, qualitative research, design science and/or prototypes are
all welcomed by the journal. If you would like to discuss any aspect of the
special issue, please contact the issue editors.

Submission

***********

All papers must be original, not published or under review elsewhere. Papers
must be submitted via our electronic submission system at
<http://elma.edmgr.com> http://elma.edmgr.com.

Instructions, templates and general information are available at
<http://www.electronicmarkets.org/authors>
http://www.electronicmarkets.org/authors.

Please note the preferred article length must be in a range of 3,500 to
6,500 words.

Important deadline

*******************

* Submission Deadline: April 30, 2015

The CfP is also available on our website at
<http://www.electronicmarkets.org/call-for-papers/single-view-for-cfp/datum/
2014/10/17/electronic-markets-in-supply-chain-management/>
http://www.electronicmarkets.org/call-for-papers/single-view-for-cfp/datum/2
014/10/17/electronic-markets-in-supply-chain-management/

Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business

Editors-in-Chief: Rainer Alt, Leipzig University and Hans-Dieter Zimmermann,
FHS St. Gallen, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland

Executive Editor: Carsta Militzer-Horstmann, Leipzig University

Editorial Office:

Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business c/o
Information Systems Institute, Leipzig University

04109 Leipzig, Germany

Phone +49 341 9733600

Fax +49 341 9733612

E-mail:  <mailto:editors at electronicmarkets.org>
editors at electronicmarkets.org

electronicmarkets.org

facebook.com/ElectronicMarkets

twitter.com/journal_EM

Electronic Markets is a SSCI-listed academic journal and published quarterly
by Springer. ISSN: 1019-6781 (Paper) 1422-8890 (Online).