[AISWorld] Fwd: Our New Issue's online: Assembled 2015

Yesha Sivan yesha.sivan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 00:32:10 EST 2015

          Trouble viewing this email? Click here
<http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=d3d1527e9b&e=1410976b30>
to view it online.
[image: Journal of Virtual Worlds Research]
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=34312222a7&e=1410976b30>

Dear AIS friend,

We are happy to announce the publication of *a **NEW ISSUE* from the
Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR):

*Volume 8, Number 1: * *Assembled 2015* The editorial team:

   - *Stephanie Blackmon*, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA
   - *Patricia Anderson*, East Carolina University. Greenville, NC, USA

Our journal, JVWR, is celebrating this year its 8th year anniversary. This
Assembled 2015 issue (our customary beginning of the year assembled issue)
includes again the top of the crop of papers in our field. It contains
selected peer-reviewed articles that start, and in some cases continue,
discussions about the vastness and versatility of virtual worlds.
Editor in Chief Corner

Possible Futures
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=be3ff0cc96&e=1410976b30>
*Yesha Y. Sivan*
Peer Reviewed Research Papers

Alexandria - A Virtual Repository of Knowledge
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=11247162e9&e=1410976b30>
*Joseph Michael Graham, Eva Comaroski*

>From Voxel Vistas: Place-Making in Minecraft
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=3f69498ae1&e=1410976b30>
*Tyler Quiring*

Lessons from Recruiting Second Life Users with Chronic Medical
Conditions: Applications
for Health Communications
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=95e9d4043b&e=1410976b30>
*Jodi Swicegood, Saira Haque*

Professors and Virtual World Professionalism: A Qualitative Study
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c63290697b&e=1410976b30>
*Stephanie J Blackmon*

The Influences of User Experience, Aesthetics and Psychology in the Design
Process of 3D Avatars (Theoretical model)
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c49263f6ca&e=1410976b30>
*Thomas Photiadis, Nicos Souleles*

Gaming Experience and Spatial Learning in a Virtual Morris Water Maze
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c65d480078&e=1410976b30>
*Suzanne de Castell, Jennifer Jenson, Hector Larios*
Enjoy your ride in the current research of the virtual as reflected in
these papers; sail among the "floating" islands of knowledge; meet
professors and their professional avatars; read about gaming experiences
and *Minecraft* place-making; learn about Second Life(R)
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=ed0a24cee3&e=1410976b30>
environment for health communications, and check a theoretical model in the
design of 3D avatars.

------------------------------

More from the JVWR

   - You are invited to browse JVWR's *previous issues*
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c1df6792b4&e=1410976b30>
   .
   - *Subscribe*
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=9906b23704&e=1410976b30>
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=79aa84bc83&e=1410976b30>)
   to receive JVWR news and updates (no spam guaranteed).

 Looking forward to hearing from you on *twitter
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=be1e070ee1&e=1410976b30>*@TheJVWR
and on our Facebook
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=e7f22cccb9&e=1410976b30>
page (TheJVWR).

Thankfully,

 *Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan*
Editor In-Chief

TheJVWR - The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
http://jvwresearch.org
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=0752c7610b&e=1410976b30>

<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=ed6eab0e53&e=1410976b30>