[AISWorld] Cybersecurity Game by Dennis and Warkentin

Warkentin, Merrill m.warkentin at msstate.edu
Wed Mar 11 12:06:47 EDT 2015

Alan Dennis (Indiana University) and I have released our new cybersecurity educational video game for immediate use in your current or future classes.  The "game" is actually a module containing two 3D world role playing games, one arcade style game, and three e-scenario cases.  It serves as an overview of cybersecurity incidents, responses, and preventative steps. It can be used over a week or two of class and includes other faculty support materials such as a PowerPoint presentation, video, quiz, homework, a self-grading Excel spreadsheet assignment, and handouts for students.

The module can be used in a variety of classes (intro to IS, database, systems, networking, security, MBA, etc.).  We developed this module because students often need to understand the context to better under cybersecurity threats and controls and how to prevent and respond to incidents. Using video games and e-scenarios, students can see why and how these are important to business.  The game environment keeps students more actively engaged than reading a textbook, and leads to better learning outcomes.

If you wish to adopt these materials for your current spring class or for summer or fall courses, let us know and we can set you up with a faculty account. Faculty access is always free. Students can purchase the module for $9.95 by going to the DIGI website:
digi.wisdomtools.com

We have a complete information sheet with details on previewing and adopting the module at
http://bit.ly/1wlEM2V

Merrill Warkentin
Professor of MIS & Drew Allen Endowed Fellow
Mississippi State University
www.MISProfessor.us