[AISWorld] CFP for the Minitrack on Streaming Data Analytics and Applications at HICSS-49, January 5-8, 2016

jozef.zurada at louisville.edu jozef.zurada at louisville.edu
Sat Mar 21 11:22:11 EDT 2015

Please post the following announcement.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/06bb829c64a57e2cc6ae346b6/images/a2f70c5e-e1f4-48e9-b8c1-bf63b7f2e947.png]

Streaming Data Analytics and Applications<http://www.hicss.org/#!streaming-data-analytics-and-application/c1gaj> minitrack

http://www.hicss.org/#!streaming-data-analytics-and-application/c1gaj

Dear Colleague,

As co-chairs for the Streaming Data Analytics and Applications<http://www.hicss.org/#!streaming-data-analytics-and-application/c1gaj> minitrack at the 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-49) which will be held at the Grand Hyatt, Kauai, Hawaii, on January 5-8, 2016, we would like to invite you to submit a paper for our minitrack. We are sending you this email because we are aware that you have research interests in big streaming data analytics and/or have published in this area.

Both academia and organizations show great interest in streaming big data analytics - the process of extracting knowledge structures from continuous, high volume and high velocity continuous flow of data in a myriad of formats from a variety of real-time data sources. The challenge for organizations lies in being able to transform this deluge of data into instantaneous intelligence that can enable faster, better business decisions. For academia, mining streaming data is still not a mature discipline which faces some unique theoretical and practical challenges. This minitrack aims to present and share new research in defining and highlighting the values of stream data analytics, including new theory, algorithms, innovation in methodologies, and benefits from variety applications. Topics include, but are not constrained only to:

*         Data stream mining techniques and methodologies

*         Adaptive data mining

*         Distributed data stream models

*         Graph-based stream models

*         Concept drift in streaming data

*         Visualization for big data streams

*         Deep learning on stream data

*         Real-world applications using streaming data analytics in:

o    Health care, banking, industry, social networks, intelligence and cybersecurity, smart power grid, sensor networks, internet of things, situation awareness

Important due dates:

*         June 15, 2015               Submit full manuscripts - the review is double-blind

*         August 15, 2015            Acceptance notice is emailed to authors by the review system

*         September 15, 2015      Submit final paper for publication in the conference proceedings

*         January 5-8, 2016         HICSS Conference

Please refer to the HICSS Web site for further and more up-to-date information: http://www.hicss.org/ including author's instructions: http://www.hicss.org/#!call-for-papers/c1dsb.

Also, if you have any questions please feel free to contact either of us.

Minitrack Co-Chairs:

Mehmed Kantardzic, Ph.D.
Computer Engineering and Computer Science Department
J.B. Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Tel: (502) 852-3703
Email: mmkant01 at exchange.louisville.edu<mailto:mmkant01 at exchange.louisville.edu>

Jozef Zurada, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Computer Information Systems Department
College of Business
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Tel: (502) 852-4681
Email: jmzura01 at louisville.edu<mailto:jmzura01 at louisville.edu>

Jozef Zurada, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Professor
Department of Computer Information Systems
College of Business
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
USA