[AISWorld] cfp: IFIP WG 13.2 Workshop on User Experience and User-Centered Development Processes , Sept. 14th 2015, Bamberg (DE) @INTERACTcf:

Marco Winckler winckler at irit.fr
Tue Mar 24 10:27:27 EDT 2015

IFIP WG 13.2 Workshop on User Experience and User-Centered Development
Processes
in conjunction with IFIP TC3 INTERACT conference
September 14th 2015 - Bamberg, Germany
http://www.irit.fr/recherches/ICS/events/conferences/workshop-IFIPWG13.2-Bamberg/

OVERVIEW
Currently we can observe a two-fold concern involving UX in development
processes for the development of interactive systems and, in particular,
agile methods. On one hand, it is widely agreed that UX dimensions are
subjective, dynamic and context-dependent. For that, existing methods
for investigating the impact of UX on the system acceptance often
require direct participation of end-users who can report about the use
of the system (or at least an advanced prototype) at investigation. On
the other hand, agile methods have become popular among software
engineers and start to influence the development process of interactive
software in industry, in particular by accelerating the cadence of
iterations along the development lifecycle and promoting communication
mechanisms among members of the development team to reinforce
transparence in the decision chain. Nonetheless, UX and agile practices
are not always straightforward and pose tricky questions such as:

* How do we have to change software engineering processes, including
agile, to support effectively UX?
* How can UX activities, which are dependent on user studies, be
synchronized with software development activities based on fast sprints?
* Should a role UX expert be added in agile processes? Which roles are
needed?
* Which process should one follow when UX is in conflict with other user
inter-face properties (such as usability, dependability, privacy…)?
* How can we convince organizations to adopt user-centered design (UCD)
activities and incorporate them in organizational processes?
* ...

The ultimate goal of this workshop is to deepen the understanding of the
current practice of development of interactive software and identify
opportunities for improving development processes.

TARGET AUDIENCE
This workshop is open to everyone (researchers and practitioners) who
are interested in UCD processes, and in particular those who have
interests in UX and agile methods.

SUBMISSION
We invite participants to present position papers describing real-life
case studies featuring success and/or failure stories, and their
experiences using methods and tools for dealing with UX along the
development.
Experiences with any kind of interactive systems are welcome.
Contributions on agile methods are welcome, but we also expect to
discuss experiences with other types of development process in use.

Position papers (4-10 pages accordingly to Bamberg Press at
http://www.interact2015.org/files/UBP_Word_Template.zip) should be send
by email to winckler at irit.fr.

Selected  contributions will be published in official adjunct conference
proceedings at the University of Bamberg Press. In the long run, we also
expect to compile individual contributions to feature a book for
consolidating the knowledge about UX methods and software development.

AND IMPORTANT DATES
5 of June 2015 - Submission of position papers
19 June of June 2015 - Notification
1 of July 2015 – Submission of the final position paper
14 of September 2015 - Workshop day

ORGANIZERS & CONTACT
Marco Winckler (winckler at irit.fr) is Assistant Professor at University
Toulouse 3, Toulouse, France. His research interests focus on
model-based approaches for the design and evaluation of interactive
systems. He currently serves as chairperson of the IFIP working group 13.2.

Regina Bernhaupt (regina.bernhaupt at irit.fr) is invited Professor at
University Toulouse 3, Toulouse, France. Her main research interest is
to understand User Experience and design and develop methods to support
UX-oriented design and development. She is vice-chair of the IFIP
working group 13.2

Peter Forbrig (peter.forbrig at uni-rostock.de) is Professor at University
of Rostock, Germany. His research combines human computer interaction
with software engineering. He is especially interested in combining
task-based development methods with object-oriented ones. He is
vice-chair of the IFIP working group 13.2.

Stefan Sauer (sauer at s-lab.upb.de) is Senior Researcher and Managing
Director of the s-lab – Software Quality Lab at University of Paderborn,
Germany. A major focus of his research is incorporating usability
engineering techniques in software engineering methods and processes. He
is the secretary of the IFIP working group 13.2.

PS. Apology for cross-posting.