[AISWorld] List of corporate information systems

Kevin G Crowston crowston at syr.edu
Fri Apr 3 13:23:21 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I find that students often have trouble imagining all of the ways information systems are used in a large company. They tend to focus on what they can see, saying for example that one of the most important systems is the company website. One can talk in generalities, but specific examples seem to stick much better. So, I was wondering if any one knew of an actual list of some large company’s information systems (at all levels, transaction processing, reporting, etc.). Interestingly, the Google searches I’ve tried turn up lots of MIS textbook chapters, but nothing more concrete.