[AISWorld] International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI) and 3 forthcoming special issues

Chang V.I. vic1e09 at soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 17:23:38 EDT 2015

Apologies if you've seen it elsewhere. We have 3 special issues with the updated deadline in IJOCI.

http://www.igi-global.com/calls-for-papers-special/international-journal-organizational-collective-intelligence/1140

Many thanks

---

Special Issue On: Delivery and Adoption of Cloud Computing and Big Data Services in Contemporary Organization
Submission Due Date
5/8/2015

Guest Editors
Dr. Victor Chang, Leeds Beckett University, UK

Introduction
Big Data research with Cloud Computing is expected to be the hottest topic for the next five years. We will seek recommendations and practices that can be successfully delivered to other disciplines such as healthcare, finance, education, and science, providing us quality papers centered on Cloud Computing/Big Data and whose lessons learned will be transferable across disciplines to encourage inter-disciplinary research and funding activities essential for progressive research and development. We will cover extensive studies to ensure that the research and enterprise communities can take our recommendations, guidelines, and best practices, which will make real positive impacts to their services and projects. We will ensure that key lessons taken from our journal can be very useful to communities.

Objective
The objective of this special issue is to bring together research in the areas of distributed computing, systems and software engineering, frameworks, best practices, Big Data Analytics, and service science. This collection of publications is useful for academics, researchers, and practitioners seeking the latest practices and knowledge in these fields. Big Data in the Cloud has transformed the way many organizations work and offers added value for operation management and service computing. There are reported benefits such as agility, resource consolidation, business opportunities, and green IT. There are cases in which organizations can improve on their efficiency, technical performance, and usability in using or adopting Cloud Computing and/or Big Data in services due to the fusion of mature technologies such as virtualization, web services, information retrieval, large scale data processing, visualization, storage and backup, high performance calculations, and APIs on mobile devices and Big Data. Thus, this makes an interesting observation to understand what types of services are offered and what their contributions can provide. We are seeking papers to demonstrate proofs-of-concept, design and implementations, successful case studies, and use cases of using or adopting Cloud Computing and/or Big Data. We welcome papers discussing the current trend, recommendations, and future challenges.

Recommended Topics
Use Cases
Evaluation and review
Infrastructure as a Service
Platform as a Service
Application as a Service
How businesses and organizations use Big Data
Technical implementations in healthcare, finance, or education
Big Data services for healthcare, finance, or education
Big Data adoption: case studies, frameworks, or models
Simulations and experiments with reproducible steps
Graphical Processing Unit techniques
Big Data Storage
New demonstrations in public clouds, private clouds, and hybrid clouds
New business models and economics (quantitative or computational only)
Architectures and frameworks (preferably quantitative or computational)
Security
General and in-depth discussion
Future research directions and emerging service technology innovation
Reviews or challenges from social science, law, businesses, and non-ICT domains

Submission Procedure
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit papers for this special theme issue on Delivery and Adoption of Cloud Computing and Big Data Services in Contemporary Organization on or before May 8, 2015.

All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. INTERESTED AUTHORS SHOULD CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS at http://www.igi-global.com/Files/AuthorEditor/guidelinessubmission.pdf. All submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind, peer review basis. Papers must follow APA style for reference citations.

All submissions and inquiries should be directed to the attention of:
Dr. Victor Chang, Leeds Beckett University, UK
ic.victor.chang at gmail.com
Guest Editor

------

International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI)
Submit a Manuscript to: Delivery and Adoption of...
Special Issue On: Enterprise Security
Submission Due Date
5/31/2015

Guest Editors
Victor Chang
Gary Wills
Robert John Walters
Muthu Ramachandran
Chung-Sheng Li
Wendy Currie

Introduction
We are pleased to edit a special issue (SI) on Enterprise Security for conference delegates attending ES 2014 and CloudCom 2014. We understand that conference delegates already passed vigorous academic review process. Our journal offers an excellent platform to publish the extended work based on the papers published in ES 2014 and CloudCom 2014. We sincerely invite all conference delegates to submit an extended version of their papers to our journal, International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI), on special issue on Emerging Clouds. You need about 40-50% of new content based on the extension of your conference paper and have at least 8,000 words. You also should provide 2-3 pages addressing reviewers and audience's questions and concerns.

Objective
Enterprise Security covers an extensive range of topics presented in ES 2014 and CloudCom 2014. We welcome any new or improved proof-of-concepts, services, algorithms, architectures, services and case studies.

You can see additional information here: http://cipsijoomla.ux.uis.no/cloudcom2014/index.php/workshops?id=48

Recommended Topics
Adoption challenges and recommendation
Algorithms, software engineering and development
Architecture (technical or organizational)
Business models
Case studies
Change management
Conceptual frameworks and models
Data center management
Data security, disaster recovery
E-Commerce and online banking
Education and e-Learning
Emerging issues and recommendations for organizational security
Encryption, access control, identity management
Experiments of using security solutions and proof-of-concepts
Information systems related issues
Intrusion and detection techniques
Large-scaled simulations in the Cloud and Big Data
Social network analysis, emerging issues in social networks
Surveys and their quantitative analysis
System design and implementation
Risk management and control
Risk Modeling, business process modeling
Testing (software; penetration; product development)
Trust and privacy

Submission Procedure
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit papers for this special theme issue on Enterprise Security on or before February 28, 2014. All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. INTERESTED AUTHORS SHOULD CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS at http://www.igi-global.com/journals/guidelines-for-submission.aspx All submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind, peer review basis. Papers must follow APA style for reference citations.

E-mail: ic.victor.chang at gmail.com

-----

Special Issue On: Emerging Clouds (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
Submission Due Date
8/1/2015

Guest Editors
Victor Chang, Leeds Beckett University and University of Southampton, UK,
Gary Wills and Dr. Robert John Walters, University of Southampton, UK
Muthu Ramachandran , Leeds Beckett University, UK
Chung-Sheng Li, IBM, US

Introduction
We are pleased to edit a special issue (SI) on Emerging Clouds (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) for conference delegates attending ESaaS 2014, CLOSER 2015 and WEBIST 2015. We understand that conference delegates already passed vigorous academic review process. Our journal offers an excellent platform to publish the extended work based on the papers published in ESaaS 2015, CLOSER 2015 and WEBIST 2015. We sincerely invite all conference delegates to submit an extended version of their papers to our journal, International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI), on special issue on Emerging Clouds. You need about 40-50% of new content based on the extension of your conference paper and have at least 8,000 words. You also should provide 2-4 pages addressing reviewers and audience's questions and concerns.

Objective
Emerging Clouds (IaaS , PaaS, SaaS) covers an extensive range of topics presented in in ESaaS 2015, CLOSER 2015 and WEBIST 2015. We welcome any new or improved proof-of-concepts, services, algorithms, architectures, services and case studies.

Recommended Topics
Analytics as a Service (AaaS) for any types of analytics
Any emerging services
Big Data algorithm, methodology, business models and challenges
Big Data as a Service (BDaaS) including frameworks, empirical approaches and data processing techniques
Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) including workflows and supply chain in the Cloud
e-Government, e-Commerce, e-Science and creative technologies for the Cloud
Education as a Service (EaaS) including e-Learning and educational applications
Electronic, logic, robotic and electrical infrastructure, platforms and applications
Energy-saving and Green IT systems or applicationsMiddleware and agents for Cloud, Grid and Cluster Computing
Financial Software as a Service (FSaaS) including risk and pricing analysis; predictive modeling
Framework (conceptual, logical or software)
Gaming as a Service (GaaS)
Health Informatics as a Service (HIaaS) for any type of health informatics, computation and services
IaaS (any services and proof-of-concepts)
IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, Big Data and Analytics demonstrations and research discussions from computing scientists, business IS academics and industrial consultants
IaaS, PaaS and SaaS quality of service (QoS), security, reliability, availability, service bus mechanisms
Integration as a Service (data; service; business; federated clouds)
Mobile APIs, apps, systems and prototype
Natural Science as a Service (NSaaS) including weather forecasting and weather data visualization
PaaS (any services and proof-of-concepts)
Scheduling, service duplication, fairness, load balance for SaaS and Analytics
Security as a Service including any algorithms, methodology and software proof-of-concepts
Social Clouds and Analytics
Software Engineering approaches, including formal methods, agile methods and theoretical algorithms for Cloud
System Design and Architecture
Tenant application development including customization, verification, simulation, and testing on SaaS and Analytics
User Evaluations and Case Studies
Wireless systems and applications

Submission Procedure
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit papers for this special theme issue on [Emerging Clouds] on or before [August 1, 2015]. All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. INTERESTED AUTHORS SHOULD CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS at http://www.igi-global.com/journals/guidelines-for-submission.aspx. All submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind, peer review basis. Papers must follow APA style for reference citations.

All submissions and inquiries should be directed to the attention of:
Victor Chang IJOCI E-mail:ic.victor.chang at gmail.comm