[AISWorld] Several PostDoc positions in Process Mining/Data Science

Buijs, J.C.A.M. j.c.a.m.buijs at tue.nl
Tue Apr 21 02:33:27 EDT 2015

[cid:image001.png at 01D07C0D.D60E60F0]

(See also http://www.win.tue.nl/is/doku.php?id=jobs:several_postdoc_positions)

Data science, and process mining in particular, is growing in importance. Therefore, we have several postdoc vacancies for people with a strong background in data mining, machine learning, process analytics, predictive analytics, or Big Data. Currently, we are looking for:

PostDocs working on Process Mining/ Data Science

The AIS group is one of the leading groups in the exciting new field of process mining (www.processmining.org<http://www.processmining.org>). Process mining techniques focus on process discovery (extracting process models from event logs), conformance checking (comparing normative models with the reality recorded in event logs), and extension (extending models based on event logs). The work resulted in the development of the ProM framework that is widely used in industry and serves as a platform for new process mining techniques used by research groups all over the globe. Moreover, many of the techniques developed in the context of ProM have been embedded in commercial tools. See also www.processmining.org<http://www.processmining.org>.

The Data Science Centre Eindhoven (DSC/e) is TU/e's response to the growing volume and importance of data (http://www.tue.nl/dsce/). For example, in TU/e's Impulse program we collaborate with innovative organizations such as Perceptive Software and Philips on topics related to data science and process mining.

In the context of various research projects we are looking for several PostDocs working on process mining and related topics:

  *   We are looking for a PostDoc working on Big Data and process mining. Events are growing and detailed analysis based on formal and precise models is often infeasible without distribution or innovative mining approaches.
  *   We are looking for a PostDoc working on process mining and software analytics in the context of the 3TU.BSR project.
  *   New projects and topics might be added in the near future, keep an eye on http://www.win.tue.nl/is/doku.php?id=jobs:several_postdoc_positions.

Requirements

We are looking for candidates that meet the following requirements:

  *   a solid background in Computer Science or Information Systems with an interest in process mining;
  *   knowledge of data mining, machine learning, process analytics, predictive analytics, and/or Big Data. (demonstrated by a relevant Master);
  *   a relevant PhD;
  *   candidates from non-Dutch or non-English speaking countries should be prepared to prove their English language skills;
  *   good communicative skills in English, both in speaking and in writing;
  *   moreover, candidates are expected to realize research ideas in terms of prototype software, so software development skills are needed.

Note that we are looking for candidates that really want to make a difference and like to work on things that have a high practical relevance while having the ability to work in one of the strongest research groups in the world. Moreover, we would like to prepare candidates for interesting data science related jobs (sometimes referred to as "the most sexy job of this century") in both academia and industry.

Appointment and salary

PhD's will be employed by the TU/e using the standard conditions for Dutch universities. See http://w3.tue.nl/en/services/dpo/conditions_of_employment/tue_conditions_of_employment/ for more information on working at TU/e, salary, etc.

Application

Interested candidates are requested to send an application by e-mail to Joos Buijs<mailto:j.c.a.m.buijs at tue.nl?Subject=Process%20Mining%20PostDoc%20Vacancies%20AIS%22> (e-mail: j.c.a.m.buijs at tue.nl<mailto:j.c.a.m.buijs at tue.nl>) with the subject field "Process Mining PostDoc Vacancies AIS".

The application should consist of the following parts:

  *   motivational letter;
  *   a curriculum vitae;
  *   copies of diplomas;
  *   list of references we can contact for further information;
  *   link to the PhD thesis (draft).

In the application, candidates should relate their expertise to the topics mentioned (cf. www.processmining.org<http://www.processmining.org>) and describe their language and software development skills.

Kind regards,

[TUe_top]

dr. ir. J.C.A.M. (Joos) Buijs
Post-Doctoral Researcher