[AISWorld] Revised dates: Call for Papers: Big Data Information Systems

Kevin G Crowston crowston at syr.edu
Thu Apr 23 15:37:45 EDT 2015

Revised Announcement and Call for Papers
Big Data Information Systems

Note: In order to coordinate our paper deadline with the other World Computer Congress conferences, we have changed the paper deadline for the Big Data Information Systems track to 10 May. We welcome all papers in relation to Big Data and Information Systems. More details below.

To be held October 7, in conjunction with the
23rd IFIP World Computer Congress, October 4-7, 2015
at the Daejeon Convention Center, Daejeon, Korea

Organized by IFIP Technical Committee 8, Information Systems http://ifiptc8.dsi.uminho.pt/

Scope and Topics

Researchers, educators and practitioners are invited to submit papers and panel proposals that advance concepts, methods, techniques, tools, issues, education, and practice of big data information systems.

Topics including, but not limited :
1. Modeling Big Data (TC 8.1)
2. Organizational issues in relation to Big Data (TC 8.2)
3. Decisions and decision support system with Big Data (TC 8.3)
4. Big Data in e-business (TC 8.4)
5. Public sector use of Big Data (TC 8.5)
6. Diffusion and adoption issues and application of Big Data (TC 8.6)
7. Big Data and enterprise systems (TC 8.9)
8. The role of Big Data services (TC 8.10)
9. Security issues in relation to Big Data (TC 8.11)

Paper submission

Papers presenting original research will be published by Springer Science and Business Media. Submissions must comply with standards specified at the Springer IFIP site: http://springer.com/series/6102. Papers should be written in English and blinded for review. All submitted papers will be double-blind refereed by at least two reviewers.

Submission should be made via: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tc8wcc2015

Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality of the work as assessed by the reviewers’ comments and program committee evaluation.

Program Co-Chairs:
Kevin Crowston, US
Jan Devos, BE
Jan Pries-Heje, DK
George M. Kasper, US

Program Committee:
John Krogstie, NO
Kevin Crowston, US
Frederic Adams, IE
Edgra Weippl, AU
Hans J. Scholl, US
Deborah Bunker, AU
A Min Tjoa, AT
Merrill Warkentin, AU

IMPORTANT DATES (*revised*):

10 May 2015: Deadline for submission of papers
31 May 2015: Notification of acceptance
14 June 2015: Submission of camera-ready copy
7 October 2015: Conference

Kevin Crowston
Syracuse University Phone: +1 (315) 443-1676
School of Information Studies Fax: +1 (815) 550-2155
348 Hinds Hall Web: http://crowston.syr.edu/
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100 USA