[AISWorld] A request for assistance from the Association of Information Science and Technology - Second Request

Mary Horman mary.horman at uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 1 11:15:13 EDT 2015

Hello Colleagues:

I am resending this in case someone missed this the first time who may be interested in participating.

I am looking to the Association of Information Systems for some assistance, and hope that you can help.  This is in connection with the Information Professionals Task Force, an initiative to raise awareness of people working across the information professions initiated by the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) but eager to work with other professional associations like the Associations for Information Systems.

Broadly, what we mean by “information professions” includes a wide range of people working in such varied disciplines as health informatics, archival sciences, academia, web analytics, library and information science, information technology, information architecture, information systems, records management and others who work primarily in information-rich roles and professions.  We’re working to show the range of career paths, work disciplines and education backgrounds of people working across these varied professional fields.  We are developing a website http://infoprofessionals.org/ and want to add additional bios of information professionals and representative job descriptions.

We would welcome the Association of Information System’s participation in three ways, by

  *   Agreeing to be interviewed for profiles

  *   Providing a few representative job descriptions or linking us to a jobs database if you have one, so that we could create some representative job descriptions such as those posted to http://placement.aisnet.org/Default.aspx

  *   Allowing us to link to representative areas of your website. Example might include social media links and education and career resources

Please let us know if you can assist us.  I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns, and I will follow up in a week or so –

Best Regard

Mary Horman
Digital Archivist/Librarian
Lusi Wong Library