[AISWorld] Collective Intelligence and Crowds at HICSS (June 15 deadline)

Jeff Nickerson jnickerson at stevens.edu
Sun May 17 15:58:02 EDT 2015

Please consider submitting to our minitrack entitled: Collective
Intelligence and Crowds: Structure, Roles, and Identity

This minitrack is co-chaired by Pnina Fichman and Don Steiny, and is part
of the Digital and Social Media track.

http://www.hicss.org/
The conference is on Kauai, Jan 5-8.

We are looking for papers that analyze collective intelligence,  knowledge
creation, and crowdsourcing. We also encourage the submission of papers
that design and implement technologies that create new kinds of
organizations.  In addition, we want  papers that analyze social
interaction as a way of better understanding underlying social structures,
and in particular the social construction of identity and roles.  In sum,
we are open to a wide range of research that addresses relations between
people, collectives, and machines, as well as the products produced as a
result.

If you have any questions about the appropriateness of a paper, feel free
to send an informal description to any of us.

If you are interested in reviewing, regardless of whether you are
submitting, we will appreciate your help; let us know how many papers you
can handle and we will put you on the list.

In addition, Kalle Lyytinen and I will be repeating our  workshop on
Collective Intelligence and Crowdsourcing on the afternoon of the first
day. Mary Gray from Microsoft Research will be our featured speaker, and we
welcome any ideas or contributions you would like to make to the workshop:
we are going to focus on industrial aspects of crowds.

Finally, I hope to see some of you at Collective Intelligence 2015, May
31-June 2 in Santa Clara.