[AISWorld] Open Educational Resources for Web Engineering Courses

Gerd Wagner G.Wagner at b-tu.de
Thu Jul 2 11:50:46 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

if you are giving courses in the area of Web IS Engineering, you may
want to check out the teaching materials that we have published as Open
Educational Resources on http://web-engineering.info

For each web development technology/platform considered, these materials
include 6 tutorials, each coming with the complete source code of an
example app, one or more practice project proposals, and a few quiz
questions.

More specifically, a possible choice of contents could consist of two
topic blocks: A) Developing JavaScript Web Apps, and B) Developing Java
Web Apps, by using the following tutorials as reading assignments
followed by practice projects:

A)  Developing Front-End Web Apps with Plain JavaScript

     1 Building a Minimal App with Plain JavaScript in Seven Steps
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JsFrontendApp/minimal-tutorial.html
     2 Adding Constraint Validation
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JsFrontendApp/validation-tutorial.html
     3 Dealing with Enumerations
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JsFrontendApp/enumeration-tutorial.html
     4 Managing Unidirectional Associations
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JsFrontendApp/unidirectional-association-tutorial.html
     5 Managing Bidirectional Associations
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JsFrontendApp/bidirectional-association-tutorial.html
     6 Handling Class Hierarchies
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JsFrontendApp/subtyping-tutorial.html

B)  Developing Back-End Web Apps with Java, JPA and JSF

     1 Building a Minimal Java Web App with JPA and JSF in Seven Steps
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JavaJpaJsfApp/minimal-tutorial.html
     2 Adding Constraint Validation
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JavaJpaJsfApp/validation-tutorial.html
     3 Dealing with Enumerations
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JavaJpaJsfApp/enumeration-tutorial.html
     4 Managing Unidirectional Associations
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JavaJpaJsfApp/unidirectional-association-tutorial.html
     5 Managing Bidirectional Associations
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JavaJpaJsfApp/bidirectional-association-tutorial.html
     6 Handling Class Hierarchies
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/webeng/JavaJpaJsfApp/subtyping-tutorial.html

If you have any questions about these tutorials, or if you consider to
contribute to our platform, you are welcome to contact me.

Best regards,
Gerd Wagner

--
BTU Chair of Internet Technology