[AISWorld] AMCIS Workshop on Systems Innovation Labs: Leveraging Storification, Social Media & Salesforce to Engage iGens

Timothy Hill timothy.hill at sjsu.edu
Tue Jul 7 14:56:29 EDT 2015

Even if you've already registered for AMCIS, it's not to late to add this
hands-on Academic Professional Development Workshop that demonstrates how
we radically redesigned our Business Systems labs to engage iGen students
by leveraging their social media sensibilities, their appetite for
"storification" and free access to Salesforce.com’s cloud-based
database/CRM platform.

Through an innovation-centric storyline, told in a series of fictional blog
postings, students follow along with a peer who chronicles her
apprenticeship in a Silicon Valley startup seeking venture funding. Over
the story arc, students uncover both the "how's" and the "why's" as they
create a mobile app, evolve a data model, customize dashboards, explore
social business and CRM capabilities, implement business rules and apply
web-based process automation in just six 75-minute sessions!

The labs have been integrated into the introductory Systems course we teach
to students across the business college at San Jose State University.
Response from students, including those concentrating in (Accounting,
Marketing, Finance, etc.), as well as that from the faculty, has been
overwhelmingly positive and we are eager to share our lessons learned.

The workshop is being held on Thursday, 8/11, from 9:30-11am at AMCIS 2015.
If you have already completed your initial conference registration, you can
add the workshop by going to your conference registration confirmation
email and following the Pre-Conference Workshops link.

More info at:
https://sites.google.com/a/sjsu.edu/amcis2015salesforcelabworkshop/

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Tim

Timothy R. Hill, Chair
Department of Management Information Systems
Lucas College and Graduate School of Business
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA  95192-0244
(408) 924-3512 (v)