[AISWorld] Ohio University interviews at AMCIS
giordano at ohio.edu
Mon Jul 13 15:54:45 EDT 2015
Ohio University faculty members will be interviewing candidates for two Assistant/Associate/Full MIS professors positions at AMCIS in August. If you are interested in talking to the Ohio faculty members at the conference, please apply at https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/14945 or email Dr. Gabe Giordano at giordano at ohio.edu<mailto:giordano at ohio.edu>.
More information about the positions and Ohio University is available on the AIS placement website and below.
Ohio University announces a nationwide search to recruit two Assistant/Associate/Full Professors for the MIS Department, ranked #11 in Businessweek specialty rankings in 2013. The position seeks experienced candidates with the ability to engage in a dynamic teaching and research environment and contribute to industry relations efforts.
Founded in Athens in 1804, Ohio University is the oldest university in what was once the Northwest Territory. The main campus is located amidst scenic state and national parks in a family-friendly and culturally rich community 75 miles southeast of Columbus. A comprehensive state-assisted university Ohio University enrolls over 19,500 students on the Athens campus and 7,500 on five regional campuses. (Additional information about the university is available at www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu/>).
The College of Business has an earned reputation in academic excellence, innovative learning and global experience, as well as small class sizes and close relationships among faculty, students, and community. Highlights of the College of Business experience are available at business.ohio.edu<http://business.ohio.edu/>. Undergraduate and graduate programs in the College of Business are accredited by the AACSB. The undergraduate business curriculum emphasizes applied learning and student engagement and includes an MIS major, which prepares students for careers in fields such as systems analysis and design, systems development and project management. At the graduate level the college maintains an MBA serving the region. Internationally the college has summer graduate and undergraduate consulting experiences in countries such as Italy, Greece, Germany, Hungary, China, India, Brazil, France and Spain. MIS faculty members have opportunities to participate in all these programs.
An ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse constituencies, locally, nationally and internationally is a must. Additionally the successful candidate must be willing to teach in both the undergraduate and graduate programs, both residential and off campus. Diversity is a core value of the College of Business at Ohio University. We believe that the educational environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to learn.
1. ABD or earned Ph.D in MIS or related field
2. An established record of teaching excellence and the potential to contribute to curriculum development in various information systems and related course areas
3. Ability to contribute to the department’s commitment to high quality research in relevant areas
4. Potential to participate in corporate relations and placement
5. Ability to contribute to the service mission of the department and college
1. Earned PhD in MIS or related field
2. Demonstrated record of curriculum development in enterprise systems (preferably SAP), information management, and analytics.
3. Ability to contribute to the department’s commitment to high quality research with an established base of publications in relevant research areas that align with departmental areas of focus
4. Demonstrated achievements in developing and maintaining corporate relations and placement
5. Established record of service to their department and college.
More information about the AISWorld