[AISWorld] Positions in IS: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Assistant/Associate professor), Lancaster University (Management School)

Tarafdar, Monideepa m.tarafdar at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jul 15 09:48:38 EDT 2015

Positions in Information Systems: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Assistant/Associate professor), Department of Management Science, Lancaster University  (Management School), UK

We seek to appoint two individuals at the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant/Associate professor)  levels into the Information Systems Group within the Department of Management Science (http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/departments/mansci/) at Lancaster University (http://www.lancs.ac.uk) in the Management School (http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/).

Candidates will have interests in Information Systems that complement or overlap with members of the Information Systems group within the Department of Management Science.  At the Lecturer/Assistant prof. level, they are expected to show strong ability for, and at the  Senior Lecturer/Associate prof. level, they will have demonstrated a strong record of, conducting relevant and rigorous academic research and engaging with external organisations. In both cases they should be able to teach at the undergraduate and post graduate / MBA levels, in areas that complement or overlap with the current interests and requirements of the Information Systems group.

The Department employs about 30 established academic staff, in addition to numerous research students and staff. Research conducted includes a wide range of research topics and methodologies-approaches.  These include positivist, interpretive and critical theoretical approaches, across topics in information systems, supply chain management, problem structuring, operations management and operations research. The Information Systems group, with eight faculty members, focuses broadly on socio-technical approaches to the design, development and use of information systems.  Within these areas, the group’s research covers a range of topics and industry sectors such as healthcare, manufacturing and services. We are looking for an individual who will add energy and expertise to this socio-technical focus. Faculty profiles can be found at (http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/mansci/profiles/browse/department/mansci/ ).  An agreed and traditional emphasis of the department is on intellectually rigorous and practice-engaged scholarship.

>From this foundation, the information systems group is involved in various masters and undergraduate programmes related to IT management and organisational change, e-business and innovation, business analytics and consulting, and the MBA.  The IS group is also strongly associated with research in other departments at Lancaster University, including Organisation Work & Technology, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Computer Science and Design.  The department more broadly is involved in other research-based programmes including an EPSRC-funded Doctoral Training Centre in operations research (STOR-i).

In addition to the Management Science department, the management faculty and the university include many other internationally leading and recognized researchers and groups for collaborative work.  For further details, please visit the URLs provided above, which further describe the Department's activities and relationships.

Information about living in Lancaster and the UK is available at http://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/display.aspx?Id=1192&pid=0.  As a quick summary, bring your “mac, wellies and boots”.  The famous Lake District is only 30 minutes away. (http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/).
Applications should be submitted at: https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A1309
Closing Date for Applications: September 18, 2015
Short-listing: As quickly as possible after September 18, 2015
Campus visit/Interview Dates: end-October 2015
Informal enquiries to Professor Monideepa Tarafdar, email: m.tarafdar at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:m.tarafdar at lancaster.ac.uk> or to Professor Matthias Ehrgott, Head of The Department of Management Science, tel: +44 (0)1524 593888, email: m.ehrgott at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:m.ehrgott at lancaster.ac.uk>. Department faculty will be at AMCIS and happy to address informal enquiries.