[AISWorld] Request for unpublished studies for a meta-analysis of IT use and work-related negative outcomes

Harminder Singh harminder.singh at aut.ac.nz
Wed Aug 12 09:26:41 EDT 2015

Hello,

A doctoral student and I are conducting a meta-analysis of the relationship between IT use, work-related negative outcomes (e.g., stress or exhaustion), and job autonomy. To enhance the robustness of the findings and reduce publication bias, we are now collecting unpublished studies on this topic. These studies may include ones you have written personally, or ones written by fellow colleagues that you know of that. These studies may include articles, theses, dissertations, industry reports, working papers and conference papers.

Studies that would be relevant for our project should have the following characteristics:
1.      Use samples of working individuals;
2.      Use a correlational research methodology; with correlational matrix reported in the paper;
3.      Include a measure of technology use (e.g., internet, smartphones, computer, and mobile phone and pagers) or system use (e.g., ERP , CRM, or healthcare systems);
4.      Include a measure of any one of these negative job outcomes, e.g., stress, strain, exhaustion, workload, role ambiguity, role conflict, or psychological distress; and
5.      Include a measure of autonomy, job control or empowerment.
6.      Ideally, report reliabilities or composite reliabilities;

I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of any related unpublished research by email or hard copy before 30 September 2015.

Thanks very much the time and effort in helping us with our research.

Best Regards,
Harminder Singh & Hadi Karimikia
----------

Dr Harminder Singh