[AISWorld] CFP DIGIT Workshop at ICIS Forth Worth

Ryan Wright rwright at isenberg.umass.edu
Sun Aug 23 11:19:40 EDT 2015

*AIS Special Interest Group on Adoption and Diffusion of Information Technology (www.sigadit.net) *
(AIS Outstanding SIG Award Winner)

This year SIGADIT is one of 21 groups that met the criteria for acknowledgment of being named an outstanding SIG or chapter. This honorable recognition serves as motivation for groups to maintain excellent programs, operations, and services that support a successful Special Interest Group or chapter.

*DIGIT's 20th Annual Pre-ICIS Workshop
(Deadline: Monday, September 7th, 2015)

*Theme: Exploring the Information Frontier in Adoption and Diffusion*

Over the past 25 years, adoption and diffusion has become one of the most dominant paradigms in information systems research. Examining the top cited information of all-time we can see that adoption has a strong center of gravity within IS research. In fact, three of the top four most citied papers are seminal adoption papers (Topi 2013). This includes Davis (1989), Davis, Bagozzi, Warshaw (1989) and Venkatesh at al., (2003), which collectively have garnered more than 25,000 citations according to Google Scholar. These influential theoretical models have been extensively applied, modified and discussed regarding antecedents, contingency variables and constructs refinements. In this workshop, we would like to invite papers to reflect on and move forward from the dominant stream of research work on technology acceptance. Moreover, we are interested in papers that explore new developments in information systems frontiers. In particular, we are interested in research that may expand the current boundaries beyond individual and organizational level adoption. This can include group adoption, cultural adoption and even global adoption issues, to name a few. Adoption within certain contexts (e.g., healthcare, social media, and so on) will also be of interest. To this end, Hong and colleagues (2013) have recently called for an exploration of contextual theory, in particular with adoption theories.

Clearly there are several opportunities to expand adoption research into new domains and contexts. Papers in this theme will develop new lenses of analysis that might be required to strengthen our understanding of how individuals or organizations adopt and use information systems. While papers adhering to the theme are encouraged, research in other IT adoption and diffusion research domains will also be considered. Other potential topics areas include (but are not exclusive to):
• Technology adoption and diffusion at the interorganizational, national and global level
• Extension of technology acceptance model for new innovation technologies
• Acceptance vs. resistance to new technologies
• Dark side of technology adoption
• Methodological issues regarding technology adoption and diffusion
• And other adoption and diffusion topics…

The workshop will include paper roundtables, panel discussions and poster presentations. This year, our honorable panel members include leading IS scholars (Izak Benbasat, Joey George and Joe Valacich) who will discuss the new frontiers in adoption and diffusion research).

Faculty members and doctoral students are encouraged to attend and submit papers for roundtable discussion and poster session. Doctoral students submitting papers to the conference will be eligible for a workshop scholarship that covers the DIGIT registration fee.

Instructions for contributors can be found at: http://www.sigadit.net/digit.html

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

---
Ryan T. Wright, MBA, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Isenberg School of Management